Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel repair

wendle

On 10/28/2020 at 3:45 PM, Kevin Williams said:

Hello Chris, I have bought and paid for a 2018 LC 500 Sport + from Urban Automotive based in Milton Keynes. The car is showing reserved on their website. I am in Cornwall and they are delivering the car to me. The sales guy I am dealing with found a mark on one of the rear wheels. And Lexus Milton Keynes replaced it under its warranty. When the car was back at Urban, the same sales guy found a slight mark on the other rear wheel. The wheel has been taken off, and was taken to TRS UK, also at Milton Keynes. TRS's post code is MK12 6HS.

The sales guy has told me that TRS will do it as quickly as they can, and was told it should be possibly sorted by the end of next week... because they are very busy...!

The sales guy has a photo of the wheel, and I have asked him to send it to me... When I get the photo I will put it on the Forum... And when the wheel comes back from TRS, the sales guy will take a photo and send it to me... and I will also put the photo on the Forum...

I have never dealt with Urban, or seen the car... I think when they finally deliver the car, it will look great...!!!

They have also bought my Taycan 4S... So I am changing from a very quiet car to a very noisy car...!

Photos below... 3 of the wheel replaced under warranty, and 2 of the wheel thats at TRS... http://www.trsuk.co.uk/  

When the wheel is back from TRS, I will receive another couple of photos...

Replaced 1.jpg

Replaced 2.jpg

Replaced 3.jpg

To TRS 1.jpg

To TRS 2.jpg

Thanks Kevin, for some reason i can't open the link to TRS UK, not from here or even Google.

i am going to contact my dealership next week and see if they can sort it out for me, it means them sending the wheel of and having the car but i don't fancy having my car on the drive on a jack or axel stands, in fact i don't even now if there is a jack

Kevin,I was wondering why Lexus were replacing any wheel under warranty but clearly the lacquer has lifted or such like.Presumably the repair is due to a scuff.

Hope you get the car very soon.

A J.

I don't no what it is about Lexus Alloy's they have always been very poor quality conspired with the rest of the car, they will however replace or repair is they corrode within the 3 year warranty period as long as any damage to the wheel is immediately repaired, the last 3 cars i have had the alloy's removed from the car and treated front and back and so far i haven't had any problems with them although i do make sure they are cleaned regally with brake dust fallout remover.

14 minutes ago, wendle said:

I don't no what it is about Lexus Alloy's they have always been very poor quality conspired with the rest of the car, they will however replace or repair is they corrode within the 3 year warranty period as long as any damage to the wheel is immediately repaired, the last 3 cars i have had the alloy's removed from the car and treated front and back and so far i haven't had any problems with them although i do make sure they are cleaned regally with brake dust fallout remover.

14 minutes ago, wendle said:

I've never had an issue with Lexus alloys which are painted. Diamond cut and polished wheels are always going to corrode. It's just a matter of time 

3 minutes ago, AJ500 said:

Kevin,I was wondering why Lexus were replacing any wheel under warranty but clearly the lacquer has lifted or such like.Presumably the repair is due to a scuff.

Hope you get the car very soon.

A J.

Hello A J, Urban Automotive arranged for Lexus Milton Keynes to replace one of the rear wheels, and then took the other one to TRS for repairing...

Yes, the mark is from kerbing the wheel. If you enlarge the 4th and 5th photos, you can see the mark clearly...

I think the benefit of buying Urban's Sport +, is that there is a Lexus dealer about 2 miles away, and TRS are only a few hundred yards away from the Lexus dealer...!

https://www.urban-automotive.co.uk/vehicle/lexus-lc500-50-v8-sport-in-milton-keynes-buckinghamshire-ea130195-4399-49b9-80ba-f456571b64d3 

It's probably the first Lexus LC 500 that Urban have sold, they are making sure the car is in very good condition before it comes to Cornwall.

I am hoping to have the LC 500 at the end of next week... Kevin

54 minutes ago, AJ500 said:

Kevin,

Have you got the car yet?

Interested to hear your views on the LC once you get acquainted.

A J.

Should be hopefully on Tuesday... TRS are very busy...! Urban are delivering cars during Lockdown... 

I have been looking at several youtube reviews of the Convertible. Many of them say the Convertible has a more comfortable ride, than the coupe...

As we both know, Convertibles usually have a more 'stiffer' ride...

I am placing a deposit tomorrow for a Convertible, which I am advised should arrive in March...

I think when the Convertibles arrive in the UK, and get reviewed being driven on the UK roads, and in the UK Car Magazines...

The waiting time will be significantly longer...

I will let you know when I have driven the LC... But after nearly twenty years, I imagine it's a great car...!

KW

Thats exciting,the new vert on order. Have seen a few UK press pictures and the USA videos. Looks amazing .Where did you order from and did they say there had been many orders.

A J.

40 minutes ago, AJ500 said:

Thats exciting,the new vert on order. Have seen a few UK press pictures and the USA videos. Looks amazing .Where did you order from and did they say there had been many orders.

A J.

Yes, I am very much looking forward to mine arriving...   This review mentions the revised suspension...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZfAW6NqASY&t=16s 

Lexus Plymouth now only do servicing and parts... I am ordering from Lexus Edinburgh. Their Mercedes and BMW dealerships have been great to deal with. I have bought several cars from them...

They are Lexus dealers for Scotland, and I am there 1st order for a convertible... www.easternwestern.co.uk 

KW 

13 hours ago, AJ500 said:

A J.

A J. Search 'savagegeese" on youtube for the Convertible review.

There are also reviews for the 2018 and the 2019 LC 500.

Be interesting to hear your comments and thoughts.   KW

20 hours ago, Stuart-S said:

Looks like a great job, Kevin, how much did TRS charge for that?

Stuart, I have asked Urban how much it cost. I will let you know later.

I had been looking for a good used, well priced Sport+, for a few months. I hadn't looked on Pistonheads for any cars, for probably a couple of years, always used Autotrader and Dealers websites. It was by searching Pistonheads that I found Urban selling the Sport+ that I have bought for £55k...

I had never heard of Urban. I see they are a company thats main business is modifying 4 by 4's, with their own bits... They have been good to deal with. It's a coincidence that they are in Milton Keynes, where there is also a Lexus Dealer and also TRS...!

The Lexus dealer replaced one of the rear wheels, and also replaced the Fuel Pump. Its also showing on the app...

Is your Sport+ your first Lexus...? 

IMG_2258.PNG

Kevin,

I see from above your car has had the dreaded fuel filler flap repair.

Its a known issue.Mine wax fine when I bought it but as soon as the weather turned cold it stuck shut when you pushed the button and needed prising open.

There is an upgraded version apparently but throughout the spring and summer mine has worked perfectly.I sprayed the hinge with silicon oil and fitted a small piece of foam where the bump stop is to give it a little more pressure.

Only one more day until delivery!

A J.

I have done exactly the same with my fuel flap. I had mine changed to the new design under warranty but it still stuck closed. I couldn't be bothered to take it back again. A bit of rubber foam to pop it open seems to do the job.

You would not think that Lexus would have so many problems when the fuel flap on our NX works perfectly.  

23 hours ago, Stuart-S said:

Looks like a great job, Kevin, how much did TRS charge for that?

Stuart, I have heard back from Urban, who paid TRS...

The repair cost is £150 ex vat for the ceramic polishing, and repainting of the spokes.

They also charge £30 ex vat to remove and re-fit the tyre.

Bearing in mind, they seem to be one, of only a few companies, that can repair the 21 inch wheels. Their price isn't OTT...!? The equipment they use must be expensive...

10 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Stuart, I have heard back from Urban, who paid TRS...

The repair cost is £150 ex vat for the ceramic polishing, and repainting of the spokes.

Bearing in mind, they seem to be one, of only a few companies, that can repair the 21 inch wheels. Their price isn't OTT...!? The equipment they use must be expensive...

How is this for a wheel repair ?  In times when women were men !

28 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

the company i was looking ay ( Alloy wheel refuiqment NK )

told me they  take around 7 working days and costs approx £600 plus vat per wheel. To proces then with our processes takes 2 to 3 days and costs £150 plus vat

it would be interesting which process they used on your wheel

hopefully mine will be repaired at the dealership soon, i will post before and after photos.

6 hours ago, AJ500 said:

Its a known issue.Mine wax fine when I bought it but as soon as the weather turned cold it stuck shut when you pushed the button and needed prising open.

There is an upgraded version apparently

Mine has just started sticking now the temperature has dropped - mine is a MY2019 so presumably has the newer mechanism?

4 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

That is very good. According to my dealer the run flats on the 21s are very hard to get on and off, so I am not surprised they charge for that too.

Stuart,

I doubt yours has the latest flap mechanism as  I was told this was released in early 2020.However,from the post above it may not be the cure anyway.

Amazing Lexus got this wrong on a system used throughout the motor industry.

I am monitoring mine now its turning cooler but hope the homemade repair will do the job.

A J.

2 hours ago, Stuart-S said:

That is very good. According to my dealer the run flats on the 21s are very hard to get on and off, so I am not surprised they charge for that too.

Yes Stuart, I thought that TRS's charges were actually very good, considering they seem to be used by several of the Lexus garages...

Perhaps some of the Lexus garages should keep a wheel, any type of wheel... So when a Lexus owner who has a 21 inch wheel and wants it repaired, they can still use their car...