Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel repair

wendle

On 10/25/2020 at 10:36 AM, Stuart-S said:

Chris, if you do find somewhere, would you be happy to post some before and after images? I’d be very interested in seeing how well the refurbishment works. 

Just had the wheel repaired by my local dealership, it was done in house by there mobile wheel repair guy, not sure how it was done but i am happy with the result.

before and after photo's

IMG_1646.thumb.jpeg.fc32d2faa8fc3ca1aec07fe822973205.jpegIMG_1647.thumb.jpeg.e459af262928edf08e711e32a86d15fd.jpegIMG_1695.thumb.jpeg.77e01584af8f9ee903463bd2a35226a7.jpeg

1 hour ago, AJ500 said:

That looks good in the pic.Assume the guy relacquered the whole wheel after getting rid of the graze so that it matched.

A J.

yes i assume so, the wheel was clean when i took it there so its hard to tell but i am happy with the result, haven't had the invoice yet but £55 was mentioned, so if that's the case i will be happier still.

IMG_1696.thumb.jpeg.cd18821a8290727a5d116c88c053fcb2.jpeg

17 hours ago, wendle said:

yes i assume so, the wheel was clean when i took it there so its hard to tell but i am happy with the result, haven't had the invoice yet but £55 was mentioned, so if that's the case i will be happier still.

IMG_1696.thumb.jpeg.cd18821a8290727a5d116c88c053fcb2.jpeg

Chris, you previously posted...   Yes Milton Keynes is the only place in the country with the correct equipment to do the job 100%

Your repair looks very good, and if your invoice shows £55, yes, you should be happier still...!

Its good to know that wheels don't need to go to Milton Keynes...

Urban paid for my repair. I now have my LC 500 Sport+ and all 4 wheels are very good. I need to endeavour to stay away from kerbs... 

IMG_3982.jpeg

At Milton Keynes.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Chris, you previously posted...   Yes Milton Keynes is the only place in the country with the correct equipment to do the job 100%

Your repair looks very good, and if your invoice shows £55, yes, you should be happier still...!

Its good to know that wheels don't need to go to Milton Keynes...

Urban paid for my repair. I now have my LC 500 Sport+ and all 4 wheels are very good. I need to endeavour to stay away from kerbs... 

IMG_3982.jpeg

At Milton Keynes.jpeg

Hi Kevin, its the first time i have caught the wheel in 3 years so not bad going, enjoy the car i am sure you will.

give us some feed back in a few weeks 

On 11/5/2020 at 5:31 PM, AJ500 said:

Kevin,

Have you got the car yet?

Interested to hear your views on the LC once you get acquainted.

A J.

Quick update A J.

After nearly 20 years, it's great to have another Lexus. The LC 500 is, as many say on the Forum, a great car...

Some might question why I changed my Taycan 4S for the LC 500. But fortunately, it wasn't for financial reasons...

The LC 500 is a better car for many reasons...

I look forward to having a Convertible... I see that Top Gear finished their review by saying, "The ride is spot on, it's quiet with the roof up and built better than an Aston twice the price...!"

Top Gear aren't know to give reviews like this one...? 

Convertible.jpeg

Kevin,

Your car looks great and I am delighted you have such a high regard for it. I would never question you selling the Taycan.Good as I am sure it is,personally I have zero interest in pure electric.

When you have put a few miles on I look forward to your views on the overall ownership.I have had mine for a year now .Not at all surprised at the comments re the Aston comparison as I have friends who own them and we regularly compare notes!
A J.

4 hours ago, AJ500 said:

Kevin,

Your car looks great and I am delighted you have such a high regard for it. I would never question you selling the Taycan.Good as I am sure it is,personally I have zero interest in pure electric.

When you have put a few miles on I look forward to your views on the overall ownership.I have had mine for a year now .Not at all surprised at the comments re the Aston comparison as I have friends who own them and we regularly compare notes!
A J.

A J. Yes, I will let you know my thoughts when I have driven it more...

I will never have another Aston Martin. My brand new DB9's transmission's oil cooler pipe, burst, and I had to re tarmac some of my driveway...

Aston Martin's are probably so expensive, because of warranty repairs...! Kevin

PC120012[1].JPG

Ah,the old burst on the driveway story.

I had a brand new Jaguar XE S ,V6 and it lasted half a day before the engine coolant system exploded on my driveway,covering the entire engine,bonnet and my driveway in hot,yellowy green liquid.

Car rejected!

A J.

9 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

I had a DB9 and, although it never let me down, the build quality was less than good. It always felt fragile. No comparison with the LC.

DB9_01.jpg

Yes, I agree. I have only driven my LC a few times, but its significantly better than the LS 400 that I had 18 years ago. I have been lucky enough to have several different types of cars, and I would never even think about having another Aston Martin.

When my DB9 burst its transmission's oil cooler pipe all over my driveway, it was picked up by Aston Martin for repair. When it came back a few days later. I thought it was an Aston Martin controlled delivery back to me, but it wasn't... The DB9 got back to me at 11pm because the driver was told to drop a Peugeot in Redruth first, that was behind my car on his transporter... I lived at St Mellion at the time...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links