Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust system

10 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I don't think you'll be disappointed by either system and I'm defo not bias... but GTHaus is better 😉 @mr2lad still owes me a meet up to...compare... exhausts 😉 haha

🤣 going to have to sort something out, tricky at moment as I’m only at home a week out of a month, rest of time I’m trucking up and down the country based out of N.E Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

2387243B-4404-4079-820F-0282ABE92FBB.jpeg

• Like 1

Save yourself 4K and get the H&S back boxes for £900. I’ve had mine on for a few months now and keep meaning to put up a video but just haven’t had the time. Sound is seriously addictive and dont be put off with all the talk of drone etc. Very little and only at about 80 to 85 on motorway under slight load around 2.2k revs. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JMAX1888 said:

Save yourself 4K and get the H&S back boxes for £900. I’ve had mine on for a few months now and keep meaning to put up a video but just haven’t had the time. Sound is seriously addictive and dont be put off with all the talk of drone etc. Very little and only at about 80 to 85 on motorway under slight load around 2.2k revs. 

That's very interesting I checked their website, Haywardandscott.com, so you are talking about the rear silencer as mentioned at the website right?

Have you got some pics? Please do share a video whenever you can ☺️

• Like 1

That’s the one. They offer chrome or black tips. I went for chrome. Be careful when ordering as they dont send any nuts, bolts  or gaskets. They may do if you ask though. Mine’s took about 8 weeks for delivery and not 4 as they claimed at order. I’ll try and sort some pics out soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JMAX1888 said:

That’s the one. They offer chrome or black tips. I went for chrome. Be careful when ordering as they dont send any nuts, bolts  or gaskets. They may do if you ask though. Mine’s took about 8 weeks for delivery and not 4 as they claimed at order. I’ll try and sort some pics out soon.

There is not a lot of contents in regards with this online like videos and user feedback... The best is to take the car to them to install it :)

Did you inform your insurance when you fit it? Will this impact your MOT or road tax? 

2 hours ago, Hatat said:

There is not a lot of contents in regards with this online like videos and user feedback... The best is to take the car to them to install it 🙂

Did you inform your insurance when you fit it? Will this impact your MOT or road tax? 

Yeah if you can get it fitted at their place that would be best. I’m in Glasgow so that wasn’t an option for me. My insurance policy covers an exhaust change. MOT wont be an issue as it’s only the back boxes and no removing of cats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMAX1888 said:

Yeah if you can get it fitted at their place that would be best. I’m in Glasgow so that wasn’t an option for me. My insurance policy covers an exhaust change. MOT wont be an issue as it’s only the back boxes and no removing of cats. 

Glad to know you haven't faced MOT issue by deleting back box, I was talking with a friend he changed his AMG exhaust and failed mot so the poor guy had to put the stock pipes again that scared me a bit honestly that's why I asked you :)

• Like 1

Thought I'd chime in with my system. I've got a remote controlled valved system by Bulletperformance Exhausts. With the valves closed it's quiet, even more so than stock would be and absolutely no drone. With the valves opened, it's insanely loud! So it's got abit of a jekyll and hyde syndrome. It's significantly cheaper than most valved systems so that's a big plus. An RCF system typically costs less than $2,000.00.

• Like 3

On 10/25/2020 at 7:59 PM, mr2lad said:

Armytrix or GThaus systems both valvetronic ie you can open or close the valves via bluetooth on app on phone (Armytrix) or remote control to make it louder or quiteish 😂 

i personally have the Armytrix system

there not cheap tho both systems come in around the 5k mark

9FCDDFD8-3874-4FF3-90BC-4DEF0BA896D9.jpeg

F4A68145-7E5B-429C-BD6E-C95B36D181CD.jpeg

2F75ABC0-DF82-4A33-91EE-CC5B65E0EA8D.jpeg

C95873CB-3C14-4521-B14D-DCF9BB60C988.jpeg

Hello again, I contacted Armytrix and we are looking for a suitable day to fit it.
Have you ever had a problem with mot as the exhaust might be too loud?

3 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

Where are you guys getting your insurance quotes for these modified cars?

I passed my driving licence last year and I used Performance Direct insurance with £3000 excess I don't wanna say how much is my insurance though 😁

52 minutes ago, Arnett said:

So effectively this ? 

😅 Shopping.... 😂

Screenshot_20201110-223151.png

I searched a lot and this exhaust is a beast too load I reckon then went for Armytrix but my local Lexus dealer warned me that I will have problem with MOT test with after market exhaust honestly that worries me I asked above 🙄🙄 still waiting for someone to get back.

3 minutes ago, Hatat said:

I searched a lot and this exhaust is a beast too load I reckon then went for Armytrix but my local Lexus dealer warned me that I will have problem with MOT test with after market exhaust honestly that worries me I asked above 🙄🙄 still waiting for someone to get back.

In what regards would it cause a problem ? 

Send it in valves closed 😂

My garage is rather sterling tbh, use them frequently enough and little things get ignored as long as they don't compromise the safety of the car.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arnett said:

In what regards would it cause a problem ? 

Send it in valves closed 😂

My garage is rather sterling tbh, use them frequently enough and little things get ignored as long as they don't compromise the safety of the car.  

😂😂 that's a good idea to send it valve closed, also she told me if I sell not a lot will be interested as modified cars raise insurance and I will lose the warranty, hearing all put me off 😞

2 minutes ago, Hatat said:

😂😂 that's a good idea to send it valve closed, also she told me if I sell not a lot will be interested as modified cars raise insurance and I will lose the warranty, hearing all put me off 😞

Exhausts don't effect warranty depending on system, but can lower resale option. Keep the stock exhaust and when selling supply either or both.

Tbh insurance costs don't go up hugely for an exhaust mod. Less than my 9 points 😅

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arnett said:

Exhausts don't effect warranty depending on system, but can lower resale option. Keep the stock exhaust and when selling supply either or both.

Tbh insurance costs don't go up hugely for an exhaust mod. Less than my 9 points 😅

Are you going for an exhaust for the new GSF? 😄

Just now, Hatat said:

Are you going for an exhaust for the new GSF? 😄

Not at first but yeah,

I plan on getting the GTHaus, diamond mats, space the tyres, rear tints, rear lights smoked, de chromed around the windows,  front LED strips tinted orange to match calipers, ghost immobilizer,  and as more time goes on... RR Racing Super charger 😅and the remap. May lower not sure.

The reg it comes with is pretty nice so shan't get a personalised.

Not quite sure when I'll find the money for it all with Christmas coming up and clearly gonna have to spoil the wife & kids😅 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Arnett said:

Not at first but yeah,

I plan on getting the GTHaus, diamond mats, space the tyres, rear tints, rear lights smoked, de chromed around the windows,  front led strips tinted orange to match calipers, ghost immobilizer,  and as more time goes on... RR Racing Super charger 😅and the remap. May lower not sure.

The reg it comes with is pretty nice so shan't get a personalised.

Not quite sure when I'll find the money for it all with Christmas coming up and clearly gonna have to spoil the wife & kids😅 

Seems a lot of work mate and money of course 😂

Ghost Immobiliser is a must specially if you don’t have a private garage and live in big city, well I live in London and this RCF I got attracts lots of attention I mean a lot so I was worried a bit as these days thieves can steal in 20 seconds, I contacted 2 companies dealing with car securities to install it they sent their technicians but both failed to do the job because F models are rare unlike German cars they work on daily basis. Eventually I had to contact Autowatch and asked for an experienced guy to do the job and finally someone could install it.

Finally, I can sleep at night without looking out of the bedroom to see if the car is still there 😄

If you ever want it I can share the details believe me it can save you hours of time because not all can work of Lexus cars let alone the F models 😊

38 minutes ago, Hatat said:

Seems a lot of work mate and money of course 😂

Ghost Immobiliser is a must specially if you don’t have a private garage and live in big city, well I live in London and this RCF I got attracts lots of attention I mean a lot so I was worried a bit as these days thieves can steal in 20 seconds, I contacted 2 companies dealing with car securities to install it they sent their technicians but both failed to do the job because F models are rare unlike German cars they work on daily basis. Eventually I had to contact Autowatch and asked for an experienced guy to do the job and finally someone could install it.

Finally, I can sleep at night without looking out of the bedroom to see if the car is still there 😄

If you ever want it I can share the details believe me it can save you hours of time because not all can work of Lexus cars let alone the F models 😊

How much was the ghost in the end ? And yeah please send me the details, I'm between Colchester and Chelmsford so not to far out. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Arnett said:

How much was the ghost in the end ? And yeah please send me the details, I'm between Colchester and Chelmsford so not to far out. 

The price is £449, you can search then on Facebook the name is Advanced Vehicle Security the guy name is Dan and his contact details are mentioned there.

On 11/9/2020 at 5:25 PM, Hatat said:

Hello again, I contacted Armytrix and we are looking for a suitable day to fit it.
Have you ever had a problem with mot as the exhaust might be too loud?

Nope not had any problems with mot or anything else with it, ... where are you getting it fitted

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mr2lad said:

Nope not had any problems with mot or anything else with it, ... where are you getting it fitted

Thanks for getting back, Armytrix referred me to Viezu Technologies for the exhaust and they price it £4335 to fit it + VAT.

glad to hear you haven’t got any problem with it I wonder why the Lexus dealership told me those things to put me off.

By any chance do you know the exhaust (Armytrix) Bd readings?