Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust system

'Technically' MOT failure would likely fall under modifying OEM emission equipment (or worded something similar) if you got the mid pipe as its 2nd cat delete. However, the primary cats are all that are required for F cars to pass UK emission laws, but obvs with homolgation 2nd cats must be needed to comply elsewhere in the world. I tend to get mine MOT'd at a local garage rather than Lexus dealership for this reason. Lexus video the interactions so I would imagine it be tricky to get round 2 cats missing... haha. I also leave valves open, had my system on for 2 MOT's without issue now 🙂. in terms of resale, yes value could be lower, but I've kept all the original stuff (on display in the garage).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

'Technically' MOT failure would likely fall under modifying OEM emission equipment (or worded something similar) if you got the mid pipe as its 2nd cat delete. However, the primary cats are all that are required for F cars to pass UK emission laws, but obvs with homolgation 2nd cats must be needed to comply elsewhere in the world. I tend to get mine MOT'd at a local garage rather than Lexus dealership for this reason. Lexus video the interactions so I would imagine it be tricky to get round 2 cats missing... haha. I also leave valves open, had my system on for 2 MOT's without issue now 🙂. in terms of resale, yes value could be lower, but I've kept all the original stuff (on display in the garage).

How did you spec your exhaust ? Not sure what shape etc 😂

34 minutes ago, Arnett said:

How did you spec your exhaust ? Not sure what shape etc 😂

Oval oval and oval, looks more OEM and much less encrouching on the rear end. Got titanium rear boxes with blue tips, goes well with the blue F badges 😉

21 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Oval oval and oval, looks more OEM and much less encrouching on the rear end. Got titanium rear boxes with blue tips, goes well with the blue F badges 😉

I'm thinking Oval but with black chrome. As I'm really tempted to just remove all the silver 😅 really dark it out. But I'll see how I feel when it gets delivered. 

On 11/9/2020 at 5:29 PM, Arth_Vader said:

Where are you guys getting your insurance quotes for these modified cars?

Aviva, by far the cheapest (for me). Only been driving/had my license for 3 years, went from a 1.5 Honda civic to the ISF. Insurance is cheaper than the 1.5 Honda LOL. Mods are sometimes free to add on i.e. my muffler delete.

1 hour ago, Arnett said:

I'm thinking Oval but with black chrome. As I'm really tempted to just remove all the silver 😅 really dark it out. But I'll see how I feel when it gets delivered. 

My only comment to that is, be careful about it blending in with the black diffuser/ lower bumper as you may 'lose' the exhaust all together! Unless that is your goal, in which case crack on 😄

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, JMAX1888 said:

Here is the H & S back box. Fills it out much better than stock. 

2B0B08AE-C28D-42B4-9B32-A6850625C32E.jpeg

Nice! Wish you could post a video of it too 🙂 you did mention of posting one though before 🙂 cheers!

I’m still trying to get a grip with posting photos. Nice colour of yours. Missed your posts of buying it. Prefer the yellow to the orange. With yours being a carbon I would consider the dark tips??

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JMAX1888 said:

I’m still trying to get a grip with posting photos. Nice colour of yours. Missed your posts of buying it. Prefer the yellow to the orange. With yours being a carbon I would consider the dark tips??

Thanks yeh I test drove an orange one too but didn't get it only for the colour I do like the colour too 🙂
Yes fibre carbon tips will go with my car specs agree!

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2020 at 9:33 PM, hockeyedwards said:

I don't think you'll be disappointed by either system and I'm defo not bias... but GTHaus is better 😉 @mr2lad still owes me a meet up to...compare... exhausts 😉 haha

Hey man, have you still got the GTHaus exhaust? have you ever had MOT test problems? honestly I got Quicksilver one it's good but I saw of of your exhaust vids and it's insane I am tempted to go for this one LOL

On 11/11/2020 at 5:01 PM, hockeyedwards said:

@Hatat see this previous comment regarding potential MOT problems, still got the GTHaus on the F, due for service and MOT in couple of weeks. Ended up speaking to my dealer about it, they will get the car MOT'd at a local garage nearby to avoid any potential issues as mentioned in my above comment, they video the inspection and 2 cats missing isn't something they can glance over 😛

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

@Hatat see this previous comment regarding potential MOT problems, still got the GTHaus on the F, due for service and MOT in couple of weeks. Ended up speaking to my dealer about it, they will get the car MOT'd at a local garage nearby to avoid any potential issues as mentioned in my above comment, they video the inspection and 2 cats missing isn't something they can glance over 😛

Thanks mate it really makes sense now, all the best I am sure it will be fine :) 

Would it even be a fail? I mean they're only little ones that get removed....

You'll have to let me know how this gets on as I'm hoping to have my GTHAUS full exhaust sorted by summer 🤤

3 hours ago, Arnett said:

Would it even be a fail? I mean they're only little ones that get removed....

It is the wording of the failure criteria, as mentioned in previous comments, it is to do with 'modifying OEM emission equipment'. I have passed 2 MOT's with the GTHaus system fitted, but this was not Lexus it was independent garage. The front cats are enough for UK emission laws.

3 hours ago, Arnett said:

GTHAUS full exhaust sorted by summer 🤤

Get some ear plugs and pre-apologise to all neighbours in a 100 mile radius 😛

2 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

It is the wording of the failure criteria, as mentioned in previous comments, it is to do with 'modifying OEM emission equipment'. I have passed 2 MOT's with the GTHaus system fitted, but this was not Lexus it was independent garage. The front cats are enough for UK emission laws.

My local garage I use for MOTs does a lot of vehicle modifications and it's these guys I'll probably use to install it also, let's face it - not exactly a hard install for any garage. So they will be fine with it they used to ignore my airbag light when the sprig connector went for my knee airbag. 

Yeah I know it's v loud, personally I think it's the exhaust that gives the engine the best harmonics, I'll only ever have valves closed when I start from home though or hit my street up due to my neighbours being elderly with barky dogs. 

They complain enough as it is when my friends stage 4 vxr comes and asbos up the place. Straight piped.... 😂

I've noticed that Torqen stock the GTHAUS systems for a few different Nissan's, wonder if they would import a system or two upon there next shipment or something maybe even get them at better rates as they clearly import for other vehicles to stock. 

That and finance is easier to hide from my wife than my credit card statements. 

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/r35-gt-r/exhaust/exhaust-systems/2641-nissan-gt-r-r35-gthaus-meisterschaft-round-split-gt-racing-titanium-exhaust-system-ni0112109.html

3 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I am so tempted to contact Torqen and get it sorted I installed Quicksilver 2 months ago, it is nice but I watched GTHaus on RCfs on Youtube and it's brutal.

They claimed you will gain over 40 in HP and 23 or something on torq, have you felt any power gain or test this?

10 hours ago, Hatat said:

They claimed you will gain over 40 in HP and 23 or something on torq, have you felt any power gain or test this?

Unlikely to be that high for our NA cars, by no means an expert in the area so happy to be corrected, but I'd imagine any gain to be difficult to notice for us average joe's 😄

I'm also not bothered about any gains and the exhaust was purchased for aesthetics and noise 😛

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hatat said:

I am so tempted to contact Torqen and get it sorted

Well worth trying to barter, they'd have at least two sales, I  for one want the full exhaust and the one press remote. Buying from GTHAUS direct will cost just over £4000 including import taxes etc unless we can get them to lie about the value of shipment 😂 as it adds about £700.

Any gains from exhaust and then find someone to remap it for another 5% would be a casual bump over the 500 mark.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arnett said:

Well worth trying to barter, they'd have at least two sales, I  for one want the full exhaust and the one press remote. Buying from GTHAUS direct will cost just over £4000 including import taxes etc unless we can get them to lie about the value of shipment 😂 as it adds about £700.

Any gains from exhaust and then find someone to remap it for another 5% would be a casual bump over the 500 mark.

Seems like a nice plan mate will try it ;)