Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Dash Lights - Update

Fargo

Finaly im making progress.

just got the A/c panel to do,, would of had it finished last night butr decided on a different type of LED..

anyway thsi is the instrument cluster

view from the outside showing the cluster, stereo and sat nav.

Just so you get an apprciation of the effort, here is a picture of the naked stereo, count the leds that i had to first remove then replace. and the sat nav

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm thats interesting.. theres a bloke over on the IS300 net that is spouting the same pictures as whats on eBay.. and he was selling his kit for like 200+ $$.. woauldnt give out any pointers AND said he would tell me if we agreed that i wouldnt sell any in the US, i wonder if its the same man.. heres his webpage showing the same picture..

problem is i have tested loads of 'plug n'play' type LED replacements for the instrument cluster and they just aint bright enough.. think i may purchase a set for evaluation...and let you guys know wussup.. certainly they look like they maych the colour of the stereo and sat nav ive done,, one of the problems i was faced was trying to a blue colour to come through the filters that are on the back of the buttons and panles.. you cant remove this filter so a blue may come through slightly purple...

I noted that eBay auction last night and was wondering if it was you. Probably someone taken your idea and trying to make some cash out of it :(

But he is only doing the dash which means you would still have orange radio and ac panel etc which would look a tad odd to be honest.

I wouldnt mind having blue lights but it looks to be a lot of work and not that easy for an electronics noobit like to to do without frying my Lex. More power to you paul for doing it mate and hope to see it at somepoint in the flesh :D

ta dunkie,, if this ebayers one is as good as he says then i would advocate getting his for those that dont want to bother with my kit,, as mine involved some dabs of silicone sealant, a bit of cutting of plastic and a bit of soldering, BUT i have to say mine ARE brighter than his, i use 1W Leds, which are the BRIGHTEST LEDs inthe market... BMW use the 5W versions in there brake lights, (new models) i'll take a picture on a slower exposure to capture the light..

Pah....they pail in comparision...wouldn't ever bother! Paul's kit is far superior, believe me it looks like it was meant to come off the production line like it!

Paulos....send a message to that guy in the states with a picture of your A/C and stereo panels blued up....remind him that you were the guy he didn't want to offer any help to in the begining, then tell him to enjoy his half blue and half orange interior lights!! :lol:

Look AWESOME Paul, i do wish Lexus make things easier, i do like to have the Dash and Air Con panel blue, but just dont have the skill like you to do the job matey, so look like im out of this for now.... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

keep up the good work Paul.... B) B) B) B) B)

i can supply and fit, if you can do without the stereo and a/c for a few days..

Thank for the offer Paul, it will have to wait for now, may have a words with you at Gaydon if i can make it.....

Reagrds

Maz

Btw if i get it done, it will only be the instrument cluster and the air con panel, as im getting some Alpine headunit for the car soon...

is your sat nav contoller the removable one or fixed. the stereo i will just need the front part which clips off (once you get access to the back)

time frame well once i get the bits lets say two days to before i can ship it out again. cost. well im working on that one,, i will finalise the kits very soon,, i stil havent totally satisfied myself with the colours (mismatch of blues)

btw fargo looks good but is it a bit harsh on the eyes at night??

Not in the flesh mate!! Besides, thats what the cabin light dimmer switch is for!! ;)

cabin light dimmer switch doesn`t function with leds normally as thyre resistance and power consumption much too low for it to work over them though may be worth bearing in mind rember those old panasonic headunits that gave you a head ache???

Yep sure do!! :D ....but I have no problem using the dimmer switch with the new LED's!