Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

I hope someone can help. 

I want to get a spare key made for my 1999 ls400. The dealer has quoted me over £200, that includes programming it. 

There must be a cheaper way to get the key made and programmed. Can anyone help me please? 

Thanks in advance 

Hi

Yes it can be done - you will need one working remote key.

Buy a second key and follow the instructions in the link below by Haylands - i done many years ago: the central locking part was easy -- but the immobiliser part took about 20 attempts and it finally worked - good luck

7 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Hi

Yes it can be done - you will need one working remote key.

Buy a second key and follow the instructions in the link below by Haylands - i done many years ago: the central locking part was easy -- but the immobiliser part took about 20 attempts and it finally worked - good luck

Thank you 

12 minutes ago, Greer said:

Messi, I was quoted over £200 from 2 different cutters one them was refered by Lexus Edgware Rd

Abit expensive isn't it just to cut a key and program it. I'm just going on eBay to find a key

They way I done it for my R reg LS400 was

Buy a used remote key

Buy a new uncut key

Transfer the transponder over

get the blade cut locally

program the key

I can't remember how much it cost because it was over 9 years ago

21 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

They way I done it for my R reg LS400 was

Buy a used remote key

Buy a new uncut key

Transfer the transponder over

get the blade cut locally

program the key

I can't remember how much it cost because it was over 9 years ago

That's what I did with my MK4, a key from eBay which cost me £25 and a key blank for about £4 and cut by a local key cutter for £8.  The reprogramming took a few attempts but did work.  The vital component is the correct key which isn't always easy to get, and a US one won't work.

6 minutes ago, Greer said:

Very interesting, >but< if the transmitter has been used to lock it that key will not work in the main drivers door. As it happens I also have a spare key but it will only open the passenger door.

The process of programming a key is a strange system involving split second timing and a confusing set of steps.  The vital component is the right key, regardless of the car it came from.  The other essential component is a working master key, without that it simply won't work.

Ok I've just recently had a key done for my ls450 and it cost me 150.00

He supplied everything inc programming and complete key and 12months warranty

Got him from eBay and all I had to do was take car to him swathe working key fob took him 20 mins.

If you still not resolved it then let me and dig out number and email

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links