Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 Oil Control Valves and Filters

AFlex

Has anyone replaced these on their IS250? I have heard that they are key to the longevity of the VVTi system. Found the filters on eBay quite cheap (see below) and am still looking for where I am going to get the actuators/valves from.

I've been doing my own 100K miles preventative maintenance and this is next on my to-do list, as well as the fuel pressure damper!

image.thumb.png.a4afa62d8b5210f1cdb6094a9ee1b0e8.png

I removed the filters on mine recently at 50k miles and gave them a quick clean just for piece of mind. I can't see that you would actually need to fit new ones as they are a simple gauze filter and can be easily cleaned.

You do need to replace the four crush washers for the banjo bolts however to ensure that there is no leakage on refitting. Access on one side is fairly tight but doable.

Hope this helps.

Dec.

They are located in the cam covers and filter the oil feed to the oil control valves for the VVTI system.  They are fed by two rigid oil pipes which you will find on the outside (wing side) of each cylinder bank towards the front of the engine.  The filters are not shown on the following image but simply press into the banjo bolts shown.

For reference the filter part number is 15678-46020 and two are fitted.

Hope this helps.

Oil Feed Pipe.png

• Like 1

Out of interest. How many of these filters are there? Are they located one on each cylinder head maybe rocker cover and are at an angle? I noticed a couple of banjo connections at the top end of the engine block when I had the covers off a few times doing my side lights. Just so happens I bought a new PCV from lexus and Intend to fit when time/weather allows so I'm thinking of taking those filters out and clean them.

Thanks Declan. What size crush washers are needed on the banjo joints? This is a job I fancy doing as I've experienced very bad oil pressure feed back because of a blocked oil breather and this sounds reasonably easy preventative maintenance. 

Sorry Vlad but I don't know the size of the crush washers as the old ones have gone in the bin some time ago.

The part number however is  90430-16012 and they are inexpensive.

I have read where people have reused the old ones without issue so taht may be worth a try.

Dec.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links