Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Touch Up Paint

I've had 7 Toyotas and in every one I've had a tin of touch up paint for stone chips. But I've been told that Lexus have stopped putting any in the cars, does anybody know why? Yesterday I got 2 bottles of wine delivered from Lexus Manchester a very nice gesture but were is my touch up paint I asked, They are going to get mme some but it should come with the car. I understand that this is now a common complaint so why don't they just put some paint in a tin and put it in the car.

This may be a bit of a rant be it realy p :tsktsk: d me off

Not very happy :angry:

PS the car drive great now the tires have done a few hundred miles :driving:

I got a pot too....it should be under the floor lining in the boot with the tools....I am guessing you've looked there though! Make sure they give you some!

Strange that everyone goes on about poor paintwork and chippings. I don't seem to have had any problems there in 6,000 miles over all kinds of roads. Nothing. The car has done 40,000 altogether and the finish still looks really good. Does supaguard toughen the finish perhaps?

Strange that everyone goes on about poor paintwork and chippings. I don't seem to have had any problems there in 6,000 miles over all kinds of roads. Nothing. The car has done 40,000 altogether and the finish still looks really good. Does supaguard toughen the finish perhaps?

Heavens - that's pretty impressive...

If you bought it used from a Lex dealer then...

almost certainly it was repainted before you got it.

On a brand new IS, one would normally expect to see paint falling off...

after the wheels have completed approximately 2 complete revolutions :angry:

after the wheels have completed approximately 2 complete revolutions

Mine is OK :) - 2,500 miles, M4/M25 with all those stones flying around - I wonder if it is the non metallic paints that are to blame ? I read somewhere that non metallics were now water based paints due to pressure from the 'saving the planet' brigade which are nowhere near as resistant as the old oil based paints.

If you get bird droppings on the non laquered finish then its soaks in and stains a lot quicker.

Heavens - that's pretty impressive...

If you bought it used from a Lex dealer then...

almost certainly it was repainted before you got it.

after the wheels have completed approximately 2 complete revolutions :angry:

Something to look forward to for me then.. :crying:

Mine has done just over 6000 miles since July 2003. Sports bumper and bonnet is splattered with stone chips. I don't drive off-road or chase gritters down lanes.

It has had photos took by local dale & GB now want a paint exper to look at it ............

I'll post my pics before and after it has been resolved.

When I collected my IS in 2002 it came with a small tin of touch up paint in the glove box. A nice gesture I thought at the time although I didnt realise I would need it so much.

:D

lexus is going to improve this situation and start providing 2.5litre cans :winky: