Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Low Mileage 1993 LS400 on Ebay

There is a new listing on fleabay which has already attracted bids to over £2305.00 with over 9 days to go. This is with no current MOT, a coolant leak and requiring “a HT lead”.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS-400/174492529250?hash=item28a090b262:g:fqAAAOSwHXRflHe4

Admittedly it does looks clean, genuine and with a quoted mileage of 29,000.

However a quick check on its MOT history reveals a different story with mileage in 2006 showing around 65,000, 66000 in 2007 and a mere 325 in 2008. From 2008 the mileage appears consistent.

Probably had the cluster replaced but obviously a lot more mileage than showing with another 65,000 to go on top. Another thing is why not get it MOTd before selling.

8784715D-E354-4E54-B9B8-15F375A981D8.png

• Like 2

£90 for insurance - must be joking or I'm just out of touch and have been fleeced. 

So, misfire on cylinder with spliced lead?  or that leak have anything to do with it?

Looks nice and needs to clarify the mileage for interested buyers.  Missing my Car and not looking good to repatriate  Doh!

I would ask:

1) is the car being cold by the dealer or private owners

2) why no mention of the mileage discrepancy

seller has either taken a very casual approach and overlooked some things or he is simply acting as a middle man therefore not too bothered

lets hope all bidders atleast check the MOT history before bidding

• Like 1

Wonder why both number plates are squiffy???

Will watch on eBay just to see what it goes for.

If I lived near Oxford I would be checking out, but other things beckon in my life (like re-felting the shed and re-pointing front of house before winter really sets in)

Just now, Greer said:

Has anyone interested asked the seller about this inconsistency?

Yes I have, that was on the weekend and the seller still hasnt got back to me with an answer. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links