Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Wheels

Hi everyone,

Well had the car for two weeks and already started making  it my own. 

Fitted some Advan TC11 18x8.5 with Maxxis tyres. 

The car also had a deep clean and a couple of coats of a ceramic wax. 

Very much in love with the car, its such a great all rounder. 

20201024_101919.jpg

20201024_101924.jpg

20201024_101948.jpg

5 hours ago, Subtronics said:

I don't think the TCII are forged, the TCIII are available forged.

I think I'll go for forged wheels, but most forged wheel looks too ridiculers on IS300h. I'm still looking for forged wheels that match the style, and the only option now is official Prius forged wheels.

17 Inch Prius Plus Package Forged TRD Alloy Wheel Fits 2010-2012 Prius:  Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

• Like 1

Hi James, welcome to LOC!

The wheels look very individual on that car, well done. Tyres Maxxis though? Are they any good? 

Also, I have never used ceramic coating, I am more of the old school guy, you know - resin polish, carnauba wax etc, ceramic is it something really worth it and lasts long?

Did you apply coating yourself?

Thanks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vlady said:

Hi James, welcome to LOC!

The wheels look very individual on that car, well done. Tyres Maxxis though? Are they any good? 

Also, I have never used ceramic coating, I am more of the old school guy, you know - resin polish, carnauba wax etc, ceramic is it something really worth it and lasts long?

Did you apply coating yourself?

Thanks

hi, thank you.

I was a member many years ago when I had two IS200s. Thanks, the pictures don't really do it justice, looks fantastic in the flesh. It defo needs lowering slightly too, so it sits right and looks more like they are supposed to be on. 

Maxxis tyres are great, I have had plenty of experience driving modified cars and various different tyre brands. I am very happy with their performance and more than enough for the power of the IS300h. 

Ceramic coating is generally harder wearing than wax, the more you spend the longer it will last. You can wax over the top too. But generally a decent coat will last 6-12 months. You just need to make sure the surface you are treating is really clean! Drop me a pm if you want anymore info. 

23 hours ago, Sazabi2001 said:

I think I'll go for forged wheels, but most forged wheel looks too ridiculers on IS300h. I'm still looking for forged wheels that match the style, and the only option now is official Prius forged wheels.

17 Inch Prius Plus Package Forged TRD Alloy Wheel Fits 2010-2012 Prius:  Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Take a look at Rays or Wedssport, they do some great forged wheels. I know I have gone for 5 spokes, but I would recommend 10 spokes for the IS300h. Drop me a pm if you want some ideas sending over and help with sizing and offsets. 

James

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links