Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Airbag Dash Light

Hi all,

Recently I got in an alarm to replace the standard remote locking mechanism.

Everything went fine for a few days, until i went back and told the tech to disable the parking search light function. (when u disarm, the interior lights and head dims go on)

Next thing u know, the airbag warning light doesnt go off. And i was told, an ECU reset is needed to get rid of the light. Is this rite?

Or does a 'reprogram' of the ecu sort it out? The tech told me this will co$t me, but i insist this is their mistake.

It's quite agonising to drive with the airbag light on all the time. Help! :crybaby:

Would not drive about with the airbag light on!

As for the reset - you can just disconnect the Battery for a min or so and then see if it clears the fault light - but anyway it is up to them to fix this fault, if u put the light function back on does the fault go?

oh dont u mean is200 ( altezza) not is300 :blink:

Yup IS200. (Altezza)

Didnt put on the parking light function though.

Still, i dont think that putting the function back in would fix this problem. Cos according to that tech, it's due to a electrical trip to the airbag fuse of some sort... :blink:

I've tried resetting the ECU, (pulling out EFI and ECTS fuse) waiting for 5 mins which is probably the equivalent of pulling out the Battery.

Retried starting, it just wont go off. I could only get it off until the fuse is pulled out from the passenger side fuse box. But i rather not leave it out...

Any ideas guys? :crying:

DTC CLEARANCE (Using service wire)

Connect the service wire to terminals Tc of the DLC3 (diagnostic socket near the bonnet release)

Ground terminal Tc of the DLC3.

Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

Within 3 to 10 sec . after DTC is started to be output, release ground from terminal Tc of the DLC3.

The SRS warning light lights up 2 to 4 sec . later. Within1 to 5 sec . after that, ground terminal Tc of the DLC3.

The SRS warning light goes off 2 to 4 sec . after grounding terminal Tc. Within 1 to 5 sec . after that, release ground from terminal Tc again.

The SRS warning light lights up again 2 to 4 sec . later. Within 1 to 5 sec . after that, ground terminal Tc of the DLC3 again.

The SRS warning light goes off 2 to 4 sec . later. Within 1 sec . after that, normal code is output indicating that DTC deletion is completed.

man...that's way too much work over a dash light.

I'll try to figure it out then. By the way, what is a service wire?

This is getting too risky, might fry up my ECU.

Anyways, thanks a lot for procedures and feedback guys.

man...that's way too much work over a dash light.

I'll try to figure it out then. By the way, what is a service wire?

This is getting too risky, might fry up my ECU.

Anyways, thanks a lot for procedures and feedback guys.

the "service wire" is basically just a piece of wire.

Hey guys,

got it sorted out by a local ECU repair shop.

They used some sort of a universal diagnostic computer the size of a telephone directory!

Using a serial port stuck into the lower fuse bay of the driver side, a few key presses and ignition starts, the problem is gone!

Not bad for a $11K piece of electronic...

The techie (who told me to just drive without the SRS fuse :angry: ) beared the $20 charge. But that's a responsible thing to do.

Now i dont have to worry of lights no more. :P