Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi There, 

New to posting so apologies if doing wrong or in wrong place  

As am fairly new to the RX450h  I thought I would try and educate myself through use of the various How To

guides posted on this site, only to find that there are none for the 450h!  Found this surprising and wondered if it

is because covered by one of the previous models??

While I am on - can anyone tell me how to find the paint code for my vehicle - Black, but sparkly!!

Showing my ignorance now, but hey ho....

Tia For any advice  

1 hour ago, Kazieme said:

Hi There, 

New to posting so apologies if doing wrong or in wrong place  

As am fairly new to the RX450h  I thought I would try and educate myself through use of the various How To

guides posted on this site, only to find that there are none for the 450h!  Found this surprising and wondered if it

is because covered by one of the previous models??

While I am on - can anyone tell me how to find the paint code for my vehicle - Black, but sparkly!!

Showing my ignorance now, but hey ho....

Tia For any advice  

Kaz, welcome to L.O.C.

Read your Handbook to identify the position of the label attached to your car to inform you of the Paintcode.

You will find some good "how to`s" on Youtube, but try and find time to look at the Thread Headings which are listed at front of 450 Forum.

Hi Karen and welcome to the club.

Your first 'how to' guide is how to post in the correct forum because this is the GS forum not the RX  :whistling:  😊

Sorry, I just couldn't resist but only joshing with you - I'm sure the mods will move it over once they become aware of it.

What sort of thing would you like to know? Most of the guides really refer to doing jobs on the cars but I'm sure someone will be able to help if you have something specific in mind.

Hang on in there and enjoy having a look round.

Ha! Tripped up at first post!  Who knows where this post will go..

thanks for both responses.  With regard to specific thing I am looing for - am looking to buy a new pass side wing mirror, without going through official Lexus due to cost  

BUt, need to get spec right, as have seen reference (ebay) to 16 pin and 14 pin, and thought how to manuals might help with that.  

Any wise words? 

Many thanks

On 10/31/2020 at 7:33 PM, J Henderson said:

Paint code can be found on the plate that's visible when the passenger door is open. The 3-digit code after C/TR. C being exterior colour.

Do you definitely need the entire mirror? Because you can buy the outer shell separately - RX Mirror Cover

many thanks for response, and for link. You are right, I dont need the entire mirror - the mirror is perfect - just the little white casing that it sits on to make it retract properly, which the Lexus dealer says cant be bought separately from the mirror....

that is why I was looking for the RX450 How Tos -