Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Major service and fuel pump recall,Lexus Lincoln.

AJ500

Having had my V8 for nearly a year I decided to use my nearest dealer to carry out the major service(£625) and combine it with the fuel pump recall which first got mentioned back in February.

I spoke to the service manager at Listers Lincoln and he arranged for the  recall parts and service to be sorted.I have not used this dealer since it first opened around 2007 when they serviced my IS250. Some of the staff remain.At that time it was a new,dedicated,Lexus site but since then they have had to share with Toyota making a very small facility.

On arrival,the service team introduced me to the Master Tech who advised what they would be doing and checking if I wanted anything else looked at.

The car was ready later the same day and again the Master Tech came out to explain the work and warn there would be a slight whiff of petrol as the rear seat comes out to access the tank.

Despite these difficult times,I think Lincoln Lexus did the very best to make the process easy and efficient.They will ,apparently,shortly be extending the showroom and getting the latest Lexus fit out which I experienced at other dealerships when choosing this car last year.

Anyway, credit where its earned .

A J.

• Like 1

I was thinking of asking for the fuel pump recall work to be done at the same time as my next service (end Jan 2021). It's good to know it can all be done in one day,

I think I will give them a lot of notice so they can get the fuel pump in stock. I use Lexus Hedge End who also seem pretty competent. 

Re the fuel pump recall.I was told by Lexus UK and my suppying dealer all through the summer that the parts were unavailable.I decided a few weeks ago to chase again and UK said the parts were available and I should have had a letter,which never arrived.

Thats when I contacted Lincoln who took over and arranged it.

I think the pump change takes about 3 hours and you must have less than half a tank of fuel.

A J.

I used to use Lexus hedge end until I moved to Lincolnshire a couple of years ago and now use Lexus Lincoln. Have had good experiences at both but must admit that the inner snob in me prefers not to have to share my experience with Toyota riff raff! 😉

21 hours ago, AJ500 said:

I think the pump change takes about 3 hours and you must have less than half a tank of fuel.

Interesting, I limped to my dealer with pretty much a full tank to get the pump done and they didn’t say anything. I assumed they’d empty the tank and refill it. 

Mine is now booked in at Hedge End on 17th November.

I phoned the Lexus helpline number in the letter and a very helpful lady told me that parts were now available and that I should not wait until the end of January even though the fault is not a very frequent occurrence. She said that they allow 5 hours for the work.

The letter does say to take the car in with a low fuel level as this is helpful.

We will see what happens. I have a loan car booked.

I believe Lexus pay the dealer based on the 5 hours but in reality its normally a lot less.My dealer also told me they are to put £25 of fuel in after the work is done,which they did.

If the tank has too much in it they have to drain it which increases the time etc.

A J.

I haven't had any re call letter and according to the Lexus website there is not any re calls for my car. mine is a 2017 year and i have noticed everyone else seems to be 2018 or newer.

RECALL INFORMATION

Notification of Recall Fuel Pump Replacement March 2020

Lexus UK has issued a safety recall for a limited amount of Lexus cars, due to an issue with the low-pressure fuel pump, located in the fuel tank. 
The issue relates to a concern that these fuel pumps include impellers which may have been manufactured with lower density. In this condition, the impeller may deform to a point that creates interference with the fuel pump body to cause the fuel pump to become inoperative. 
The following Lexus UK models have been recalled, these vehicles were produced between September 2013 and May 2019: 

•GS250/450H 
•LC500/500H 
•LS460 
•LS500/500H 
•LS600H 
•NX200T 
•RX450H 

Check if your specific vehicle is impacted here:

https://forms.toyota.co.uk/recall-checker?lexus=true

• 3 weeks later...

My fuel pump was changed today by Lexus Hedge End. It all went very smoothly with a loan car (IS) provided. They even put about 20 litres of fuel in but I am not sure if it was high octane unleaded so I will top mine up with premium fuel tomorrow. I will also have a look round for any other issues.

One thing fooled me when I got home; I couldn't open the boot. Fortunately, I remembered the valet switch in the glovebox. I had obviously inadvertently operated it putting the wheel nut key away.  🙂

• 2 months later...
On 10/29/2020 at 10:26 AM, AJ500 said:

Having had my V8 for nearly a year I decided to use my nearest dealer to carry out the major service(£625) and combine it with the fuel pump recall which first got mentioned back in February.

I spoke to the service manager at Listers Lincoln and he arranged for the  recall parts and service to be sorted.I have not used this dealer since it first opened around 2007 when they serviced my IS250. Some of the staff remain.At that time it was a new,dedicated,Lexus site but since then they have had to share with Toyota making a very small facility.

On arrival,the service team introduced me to the Master Tech who advised what they would be doing and checking if I wanted anything else looked at.

The car was ready later the same day and again the Master Tech came out to explain the work and warn there would be a slight whiff of petrol as the rear seat comes out to access the tank.

Despite these difficult times,I think Lincoln Lexus did the very best to make the process easy and efficient.They will ,apparently,shortly be extending the showroom and getting the latest Lexus fit out which I experienced at other dealerships when choosing this car last year.

Anyway, credit where its earned .

A J.

Had my service last year in the first lockdown, and deferred mot just last week. Both at Lincoln. Very happy with service and arrangements for customers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links