Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How rare is a Mk1 gs sport in red

You'd hardly ever see a mk1 sport come up for sale but recently there's a few, but all in not very desirable colours in my opinion.

For me the best looking modern classic out there.

Anyone know of production numbers for different colours? 

• 2 weeks later...

I can only assume that list is not all that in-depth. According to the years, they are only showing one MK1 in red.

It was a bit of a lottery on the registration document for the mk1 Sports, as there was technically no such thing, them being “modified” by the dealers once on uk soil. I think it just depended what the dealer put on when they registered them, so many only had GS300 on the document.

Mine was a red one, and do get quite tempted by a mk1 even now. I’ve still got a set of MK1 sport wheels in the garage, with the 10” rears, so I could take a non-sport and lower it with my own set of wheels if temptation got the better of me.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, TigerFish said:

I can only assume that list is not all that in-depth. According to the years, they are only showing one MK1 in red.

It was a bit of a lottery on the registration document for the mk1 Sports, as there was technically no such thing, them being “modified” by the dealers once on uk soil. I think it just depended what the dealer put on when they registered them, so many only had GS300 on the document.

Mine was a red one, and do get quite tempted by a mk1 even now. I’ve still got a set of MK1 sport wheels in the garage, with the 10” rears, so I could take a non-sport and lower it with my own set of wheels if temptation got the better of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not too sure of the accuracy of that site. If the temptation does get the better of you, I'll be letting go of mine soon.