Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soarer V8 current market prices

Delp

Hi thinking of getting a UZZ31 Gt-ltd. 112k, dark mica blue. I would say all round is good condition.

What would be a fair price to pay factoring in the below things need doing. 

Cambelt and water pump.

Bodywork about 300-400.

Any advice on prices be appreciated. 

You could pick them up for peanuts a few years ago but prices are now on the up for older models.

Take a look on the link below for Japanese sales, Autotrader and Fleabay are good for UK pricing but bear in mind they are now old cars so will require some heavy maintenance and money spending.

https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-toyota-soarer-for-sale?minYear=1991&maxYear=2000

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rich1068 said:

And as I have discovered, due to the models age and import rarity there are parts that are simply unavailable and turn a beautiful looking coupe into a piece of scrap.

What do you mean.. Sorry? 

That though they may share many parts with other more widely available Toyota and Lexus, some model specific parts are simply not available. Cam belt, water pump and bodywork may be an easy fix but I was very close to getting a Soarer earlier this year and due to a faulty airbag ECU the car couldn't pass an MOT and was therefore only worth the scrap value.

All that said, if you do get one I'd love to see it. Cam belt and water pump cost would be around the £400 mark I assume.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

That though they may share many parts with other more widely available Toyota and Lexus, some model specific parts are simply not available. Cam belt, water pump and bodywork may be an easy fix but I was very close to getting a Soarer earlier this year and due to a faulty airbag ECU the car couldn't pass an MOT and was therefore only worth the scrap value.

All that said, if you do get one I'd love to see it. Cam belt and water pump cost would be around the £400 mark I assume.

How did you know faulty ECU. Air bags are the same as ls400. Which other models share same brake or suspension components. I think the supra does.. 

I was using the airbag ECU as an example. The ECU and loom were Soarer specific and in fact specific to that particular model. Amayama did list one but it was £1000+

I was just adding to Steve's comment above about maintenance and spending. I don't want to discourage you, I'd love to see a Soarer on here. And if the prospect of running an older import doesn't put you off then go for it :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

I was using the airbag ECU as an example. The ECU and loom were Soarer specific and in fact specific to that particular model. Amayama did list one but it was £1000+

I was just adding to Steve's comment above about maintenance and spending. I don't want to discourage you, I'd love to see a Soarer on here. And if the prospect of running an older import doesn't put you off then go for it :thumbsup:

I understand were you're coming from. With less Soarers on the road, parts would be difficult if something goes wrong. The 1UZ-FE non vvti I think is non interference as well which is good. Nice shape.. Fingers crossed I get a good one.. Will keep posted.. 

• 6 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links