Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All, 

Well I think Ive qualified to post on the forum. Ive just purchased a LS600hl with the rear relaxation pack.

Initial thoughts - not that rewarding to drive (sort of knew this) but the build quality, functionality & ride is top of the line. I just need to change a damaged tyre & get a a spare key. (Yes I've already had the comedy price from Lexus). If anyone can advise best way to get a second key will be most grateful. I also need to get a dash cam again any recommendations.

Am in the Leeds area    

• Like 1

Hi All, 
Well I think Ive qualified to post on the forum. Ive just purchased a LS600hl with the rear relaxation pack.
Initial thoughts - not that rewarding to drive (sort of knew this) but the build quality, functionality & ride is top of the line. I just need to change a damaged tyre & get a a spare key. (Yes I've already had the comedy price from Lexus). If anyone can advise best way to get a second key will be most grateful. I also need to get a dash cam again any recommendations.
Am in the Leeds area    

If you bought it to be a sporty driver then you bought it for the wrong reason. It’s not supposed to be rewarding in the sporty sense, it’s a big luxury car, not designed for rewarding/ sporty drives lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hi John 

No I bought this privately. Why did I buy it? I needed a comfortable car for long journeys with the pandemic going on. (Thats if they dont restrict us next week) I like Cornwall. My wife has hardly left the house in the last few months & I wanted her to travel in something comfortable. As you guys know its a very well built machine yes some items are slightly old fashioned but it WORKS. I get wound up by todays Mercedes/Audi/BMW build quality & I can't afford a Bentley (and I know they are not as reliable) Pics taken today

image1.jpeg

IMG_3131.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Greer said:

Can you explain what you mean, to me it implies some degree of discomfort, thanks.

Hi Greer, Certainly no discomfort. Maybe I'm used to the German steering that tightens in a straight line. (I don't drive fast anyway so its not a taking bends at speed sort of car as we all know) I see you have a LS400 & I have heard it said that the ride on those and the 430 could even be preferable   

7 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

If your key is the same as one for a GS450h then I have a couple of spares. You need them to be wiped and then you can clone it using your existing key.

If you post a pic of your key fob we can compare.

Thank you Steve

image1 (1).jpeg

IMG_6734.jpg

28 minutes ago, ISJason said:

If you bought it to be a sporty driver then you bought it for the wrong reason. It’s not supposed to be rewarding in the sporty sense, it’s a big luxury car, not designed for rewarding/ sporty drives lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep if you are with a brunette but you prefer blondes then you learn to accept & appreciate your choice or you can get yourself a side chick blonde girlfriend as well    

Edited by Porterhouse

Many thanks Jahan. Much appreciated.

Our Members have very relevant questions , but they need to give themselves and you others time to react.

The piccies display a wonderful machine. I have spoken to several previous Lexus Owners who told me they had to sell.

"It had no heart, no Soul, It gave no feedback,The Lexus, it just did what it was supposed to do. I had not experienced that before,my Audi/BMW /Mercedes, never, ever behaved like that. It  did whatever I asked of it, every single time.

So, welcome to Heaven, my friend.  

Enjoy it for a long long time.

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Many thanks Jahan. Much appreciated.

Our Members have very relevant questions , but they need to give themselves and you others time to react.

The piccies display a wonderful machine. I have spoken to several previous Lexus Owners who told me they had to sell.

"It had no heart, no Soul, It gave no feedback,The Lexus, it just did what it was supposed to do. I had not experienced that before,my Audi/BMW /Mercedes, never, ever behaved like that. It  did whatever I asked of it, every single time.

So, welcome to Heaven, my friend.  

Enjoy it for a long long time.

Hi John 

"It had no heart, no Soul, It gave no feedback, The Lexus, it just did what it was supposed to do. Now that is a very interesting thing to quote because I think we are going to hear a lot of this type of comment when electric cars are widely owned. Very fast economical & so quiet etc but something a bit missing that you cant quite explain. Yet I was enthralled by a Jaguar Series III many years ago because it was so quiet. The hybrid in this one is great when it cuts in shame the Battery doesnt last longer like they do now. I knew it was going to be solidly made but it has exceeded my expectations    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greer said:

Yes mikne is a '99, but it's not the first or even second, 2008 was my first LS400, I changed them for all right reasons ie I wanted a different color, I have never had any problems with them >but< I checked around this past few days & the 400's seem to have gone up in prices asked for them.

As regards the 430's, for me they are a definite ''no'' ''no'', serious & very expensive suspension problems all the time, If you  read through the archives here you'll see the posts.on the 430's.

Yes that suspension issue is same as 460 isnt it. I agree they have gone up in price for good ones especially

Hey, welcome to the Club

I never understand why there's only the one key with some cars ......  is it coz they are " snatchbacks " by " the sherrifs are coming " guys I wonder ?

ex company car should give you lots of great service history then ?

she looks  good too

Malc

15 minutes ago, Malc said:

I never understand why there's only the one key with some cars ......  is it coz they are " snatchbacks " by " the sherrifs are coming " guys I wonder ?

I believe they are easily broken. I was advised to turn my ignition key holding the "ends" rather than the "normal" way!

13 hours ago, Malc said:

Hey, welcome to the Club

ex company car should give you lots of great service history then ?

she looks  good too

Malc

Hi Malc & Thank you

It could have been a previous snatchback. I think its more likely an ex lease vehicle at some point and the lease companies have mislaid/thrown the keys. I can never understand that. I've got the service stamps and some invoices. Ideally Id like to get a reprint of the previous invoices but not sure Lexus would give that info.     

11 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Not sure if my spares are the same.

IMG_20201031_225106.jpg

Dont think they will work Steve but I appreciate the pic to check thank you. Until I get one done I think I will attach the key to a bunch of other keys so not easily mislaid  

Nice car

Just wanted to add do you research if you ever look into buying a key from the US - the LS430 keys don't work as they operate on a different frequency so that may also be the case with your car

• Like 2

Hey Porterhouse. Lovely motor :thumbsup:

If you can get a part number for the actual key I used a company based in the UAE recently to replace an alarm fob for my LS 400. Don't be put off by the distance, even with delivery they were cheaper than the main dealer and Amayama. Arrived in 3 days too https://www.abkeys.com/

But I guess the real cost is the coding to the car.

• Like 2

Ideally Id like to get a reprint of the previous invoices but not sure Lexus would give that info."     

No reason why Lexus should not provide. Remind them that you are asking for data on an inanimate object, you are NOT requesting Personal Data.

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Hi Malc & Thank you

It could have been a previous snatchback. I think its more likely an ex lease vehicle at some point and the lease companies have mislaid/thrown the keys. I can never understand that. I've got the service stamps and some invoices. Ideally Id like to get a reprint of the previous invoices but not sure Lexus would give that info.     

Hi

I'm not sure about invoices - but once you have received your logbook - you can go onto the Lexus website - sign up and then entre your car details - that will give you a breakdown each time the car has been to a Lexus dealer

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Its a 2013 with 110k ex company car. Needs a good valet now  

Ive seen this one for quite a while on an autotrader. Hopefully you managed some £££ off but it was quite reasonably priced anyway.

Ive test drove 600h before changing my GS, but haven’t decided to go for any. I’m waiting for 500h to drop in price to go back to Lexus 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Hey Porterhouse. Lovely motor :thumbsup:

If you can get a part number for the actual key I used a company based in the UAE recently to replace an alarm fob for my LS 400. Don't be put off by the distance, even with delivery they were cheaper than the main dealer and Amayama. Arrived in 3 days too https://www.abkeys.com/

But I guess the real cost is the coding to the car.

Hi Rich Ive heard re getting parts from UAE before. Is it really that much of a difference cost wise? £579 quoted from dealer plus coding £55. Thank you for link  

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Ideally Id like to get a reprint of the previous invoices but not sure Lexus would give that info."     

No reason why Lexus should not provide. Remind them that you are asking for data on an inanimate object, you are NOT requesting Personal Data.

I will do that John. I'm sure they can print of what's been done at each service time if they wanted to. (No need to see the persons details that paid for it) 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links