Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phone doesn't stay connectedI have only had my NX300

I have only had my NX300 for 2 days I changed from a CT200. with the ct200 I would connect my Samsung S7 phone to the car and it would be there, connected, every time I used the car.

With this NX300 I need to turn off the Bluetooth on my phone and then back on again to get the phone to connect, once this is done it stays connected until I turn the car off and have the same problem next time I start it. Anyone had this and found out why better still found the solution.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sorry its the second problem I've asked for help with in two days !!

I would first unpair the phone and start again.

I would also reboot/restart the phone to refresh the settings

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanD said:

I would first unpair the phone and start again.

I would also reboot/restart the phone to refresh the settings

Quite agree with this. Have you also removed any other phones that are showing as paired? 

Thanks Olliesgrandad I'll check in the morning.

Other than the problem with the phone connection and voice command when trying to speak a destination address I think the car is wonderful. 

thanks for your reply 

Roychip  (Roy)

I would not bother with the voice recognition... It's useless and if you manage to get it to work, you have to go through so many confirmation menus, it's quicker to do it manually.

Lexus voice control reminds me of Mrs Doyle in Father Ted!

7 hours ago, DanD said:

I would not bother with the voice recognition... It's useless and if you manage to get it to work, you have to go through so many confirmation menus, it's quicker to do it manually.

Lexus voice control reminds me of Mrs Doyle in Father Ted!

^^ Quite agree @DanD

Voice control is a nice gimmick, but having owned and used various marques over the years, I’ve never really found a system that works reliably and simply.

On 11/1/2020 at 6:02 AM, First_Lexus said:

^^ Quite agree @DanD

Voice control is a nice gimmick, but having owned and used various marques over the years, I’ve never really found a system that works reliably and simply.

Agreed. Always felt the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Just for info.

I think I have found a solution to my original problem (phone would not connect automatically when I got into the car, I would need to turn blue tooth off  and then on again before it would connect) I originally connected my phone via the car, asking the car to find my phone, the problem was always there, I later tried connecting the car to the phone, using the phone to find my car. Now all ok, phone is always there when I get in and start the car. The phone is a Samsung galaxy S7 edge in case anyone else has this problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

My Bluetooth connection to the NXusing an iPhone SE works fine every time.

it’s the flipping WiFi never reconnects without adding it every time, and end up with a page full of “iPhone preferred network” grrr

Exactly same for me. Bluetooth fine, WiFi never reconnects.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links