Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


  • Join The Club

    Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Tactics Now!


Stompe
聽Share

Recommended Posts

I find it hard to imagine where there would be any kind of market for old used catalytic convertors, unless of course they have some decent scrap metal value. After all said and done it's not a big repair issue item, is it ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Poundy said:

I find it hard to imagine where there would be any kind of market for old used catalytic convertors, unless of course they have some decent scrap metal value. After all said and done it's not a big repair issue item, is it ?

A couple of hundred quid minimum for each one is a decent incentive if you happen to be of a criminal persuasion.

They contain Platinum, Palladium and Rhodium, current spot prices of which are 拢654, 拢1,727, and 拢10,406 per ounce respectively.

Ironically, it's the motor manufacturing industry in India, China and such places, and the environmental polices that their governments are initiating (like requiring vehicles to have catalytic converters), that are amongst the major forces driving up the prices of these metals.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Herbie said:

A couple of hundred quid minimum for each one is a decent incentive if you happen to be of a criminal persuasion.

They contain Platinum, Palladium and Rhodium, current spot prices of which are 拢654, 拢1,727, and 拢10,406 per ounce respectively.

Ironically, it's the motor manufacturing industry in India, China and such places, and the environmental polices that their governments are initiating (like requiring vehicles to have catalytic converters), that are amongst the major forces driving up the prices of these metals.

It seems that Hybrid models are the firm favourite because the operating system means the CC tends to be much cleaner than conventional cars. Putting our cars at the top of the pecking order

While I think we would agree that if they want it, it will be gone. Does聽聽the Lexus catlock 聽offer any real deterrent in stopping the theft, i.e. delay the theft process long enough to make the investment worthwhile?

Why didn't they just stick to mugging us oldies at the cash Machine, I blame the cashless society we are leaning towards聽馃槈

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Poundy said:

Does聽聽the Lexus catlock 聽offer any real deterrent in stopping the theft, i.e. delay the theft process long enough to make the investment worthwhile?

Why didn't they just stick to mugging us oldies at the cash Machine, I blame the cashless society we are leaning towards聽馃槈

That does not help - if they can't get catalyst converter , they will simply smash your windows from frustration.聽

I tend to put blame elsewhere - as a society we have accepted Police inactivity, and likewise Police have pretty much decriminalised any car related crimes. They won't even come to inspect the scene and won't start investigation. Nowadays they simply say - "if there were no injuries - claim insurance".聽So in such situation criminals are taking advantage - they know nobody will be coming after them, so they becoming especially blatant nowadays e.g. doing it in broad daylight and we paying ever increasing insurance costs:

.聽

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Fair comment Linas,

But I think I would prefer dealing with damage that didn't offer the scumbags a profit than letting them make money from me, by stealing something of value.

I spoke to Lexus Birmingham today they reckon it was 3 or 4聽in for cat theft last month, one was a 68 plate they had only sold very recently. I was told that the

higher ground clearance vehicles like the RX450h are more favoured because they can be cut without the need for jacking up.

Not too concerned about ours but decided it's a bit like car insurance if you have it you probably never make a claim but if it expires smash bang聽馃様

They reckon the Lexus Catlock could extend聽the process of removal by up to 30mins even if the right tools were at hand. As such our Ct200h is booked in for Friday to have one fitted @ 拢275 inc vat and a car clean, it's only money that cannot be spent聽in lockdown聽馃槃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Poundy said:

But I think I would prefer dealing with damage that didn't offer the scumbags a profit than letting them make money from me, by stealing something of value.

Yes - I appreciate your point of view and that is good approach. Just pointed out that trying to protect your car may actually cause higher monetary damage in the ends - at least I guess one could feel better that scumbags got nothing out of it.聽

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

聽 Pasted as rich text. 聽聽Paste as plain text instead

聽 Only 75 emoji are allowed.

聽 Your link has been automatically embedded. 聽聽Display as a link instead

聽 Your previous content has been restored. 聽聽Clear editor

聽 You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

聽Share






Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community


eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk
  • Create New...