Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Engine hesitation when hot

so to be short this is the issue that i have since i bought the car,

Car start and runs fine, no idle problem whatsoever it doesn't matter if the car is hot or cold it will start right away, but this is the issue, when the car is cold if i floor it will accelerate like a champ no matter the gear or the rpm, but once the car reach its normal operating temperature it would get significantly slower, for example i put 3rd gear and floor it and you can hear and feel the engine playing with the timing and hesitates like if you were pressing and depressing the acc pedal like playing with it, you can hear the sound of the engine changes but the revs hangs like if you were doing nothing, if you push the pedal progressively as you gain revs it will run until about 4.9rpm or maybe a bit more but hangs there with no power like if there was a cut like when you hit the rev limit, but this only happens when hot, if you do the same on cold it's like a rocket no matter the speed of gear, but once its warm you lose like 50% or even more of the power.

NO CODES. Temp gauge works perfectly and you can hear the fan kicking when needed so for the fan switch seems to work fine, and if i have the ac on let say i want to overtake in the highway i'm in 6th gear i have to turn off the ac compressor, down shift to 4th or even 3rd gear if im in a low speed and have to floor the car but the revs hangs and the engine jerks a bit and the revs wont past from 5kRpm, is this a bad temp sensor? if so i'm guessing it will be the one on the engine block? since the gauge on the dash works flawless and the fan also works. any other ideas? the car has 372k and did a full cleaning of the engine including adding a injector cleaning and so but this issue only appears when hot.

Any ideas will be really appreciated.

• 1 month later...

So in case anybody is wondering if I found the solution, and the answer is yes. 

So lest take the long run.

Firts had p0420 issues with cats. Too the ex manifold and opened the precats, bank 1 only 1/3 of it was remaining, bank 2 was complete. So decided to take both out and reseal the cat chamber, issue got solve for about a month, then decided to do a water cleaning of the engine, the car got even better, but after about 2 weeks after that was done the hesitation came back, and this time was also making the revs cut lower and lower every day until it couldn't go past 2.5k with a big time jerking, no power and when revving it on neutral it wouldn't past fro 4.3 or even 3.9k with engine cold and hot respectively however there was a lot of steam coming from the tailpipe but barely any flow of it, so today i decided to remove the main cat since when removed the precats the main was full of debris i thought i took it out all of it but seems like no, so took the mid pipe out with the main cat and just to check if this was the issue, turned the car on and press the acc pedal, noisi as hell but that's to be expected but the engine came back to like, revving pretty fast and easily and got all the power back, so right now I'm waiting for my neighbor to arrive so he can lend me one of his soldering machine and a angler grinder so im doing the same and take the guts out of the main cat and later order a new full exhaust system, also got the codes for system too rich on both banks and checked for any backum leak and none so if anyo e is havi g this issues check that

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links