Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Se Boot Safety

Hi Everyone!!!

I have recently finished upgrading my sounds :D

one thing which has been obthering me is that, the boot lid on the IS is not linked to the alarm.

Has anyone linked this to the alarm?

Thanks.

Raj

my boot lid is linked to alarm on my std IS one ;)

P.S go to your car lock it with key remot, then try to open it just with the key in the lock! i bet the alarm gos off :whistling:

It is alarmed, when you open the boot with the fob, the boot sensor is probably disabled, you should notice the alarm light will stay on, rather than the usual flash.

Then when you shut it again, then sensor is enabled and the alarm light will then flash as normal.

yeah thats correct. in fact i think i read somewhere that you should shut the boot before locking the doors (if it was open) because otherwise the boot does not get alarmed

yeah thats correct. in fact i think i read somewhere that you should shut the boot before locking the doors (if it was open) because otherwise the boot does not get alarmed

I think that if you shut the boot cleanly the alarm will re-arm OK. If, however, you don't close the boot hard enough the first time (and it bounces back up) that seems to confuse the alarm so it won't re-arm correctly.