Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus 2 for 1 warranty

Poundy

When we bought the CT in 2018 it was 4yr old with 36k on the clock. it came with 1yr Lexus warranty and I purchased an additional full Lexus Extended for 2 years at a cost of £450 which will expire in about 4 months.

The car is only averaging a max of 2 or 3k a year and they offered me another 2 for1 for £495 which I was going to decline because of the usage.

The Warranty now includes the £39 MOT test fee which will be deducted from the current service plan and looking at what the Lexus road side assist  entails it would cost somewhere in the mid to high 100s to get equivalent RAC or AA cover with home start. So it appears that if I allow for the MOT saving and the road side assist saving, the extra cost for warranty is excellent value, yes ????

26 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

It is better than that Norman.

With the greatest of respect one would be an idiot not to continue with it. Just do it.

I think your right John I might get it sorted tomorrow as I am going in to get the Catloc fitted.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Poundy said:

I think your right John I might get it sorted tomorrow as I am going in to get the Catloc fitted.

Good decision and do read the small print and maintain close and good effective relationships with your Lexus Service Team. It can pay enormous dividends.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Rakip123 said:

Hi Poundy I also have the 2 4 1 extended warranty but wasn't aware it covered the MOT test fee - also can't find any reference to it in the documents where did you read this?

Para 5.8(c) states that M.O.T. fee is not covered.

A condition of being able to get the warranty is that you must also have servicing carried out at a Lexus dealership and it's the service plan that gives two free MOTs.

The warranty covers MOT-able items but doesn't cover the actual test as far as I know.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2020 at 2:53 PM, Poundy said:

When we bought the CT in 2018 it was 4yr old with 36k on the clock. it came with 1yr Lexus warranty and I purchased an additional full Lexus Extended for 2 years at a cost of £450 which will expire in about 4 months.

The car is only averaging a max of 2 or 3k a year and they offered me another 2 for1 for £495 which I was going to decline because of the usage.

The Warranty now includes the £39 MOT test fee which will be deducted from the current service plan and looking at what the Lexus road side assist  entails it would cost somewhere in the mid to high 100s to get equivalent RAC or AA cover with home start. So it appears that if I allow for the MOT saving and the road side assist saving, the extra cost for warranty is excellent value, yes ????

£39 Poundy 😳 ... is it a 3-wheeler then? 😆 ... or special rates for Villains? 😉

i've paid £39 for mot's for the last few years at my lexus dealership

just ask if they can do it for a lower price otherwise full price will be charged

the price charged for your mot is at the discretion of the test station but there

is a maximum which is the full price cost that can be charged.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Para 5.8(c) states that M.O.T. fee is not covered.

That's what I thought as well, however after reading poundys message I can see some resellers of the extended warranty appear to offer the test fee - Google Lexus parts direct 2 4 1 extended warranty ( assuming this is the Lexus backed one) it shows the following so perhaps it is some sort of limited promotion as it's not on the main webpage:

Key Features:

– 2 MOT test fees carried out by any official Lexus Service Centre.

We purchased a 2-4-1 Extended Warranty today and they told us it also includes two MOT tests (the tests themselves - there is also a clause saying that the Warranty itself covers anything that causes the MOT failure, but that's a different inclusion).

8 hours ago, SnoopyS said:

We purchased a 2-4-1 Extended Warranty today and they told us it also includes two MOT tests (the tests themselves - there is also a clause saying that the Warranty itself covers anything that causes the MOT failure, but that's a different inclusion).

Tell us what the document detailing the Agreement says, please Drew.

I've emailed Lexus warranty department quoting the vehicle reg on the contact listed on the main webpage they came back with:

Thank you for the below email.

I can confirm your warranty include the cost of two MOT test fee during the terms of the warranty however this does not include the cost of any re-test fee.

Please see attached a copy of your warranty terms and conditions for reference.

I hope the above is of assistance to you.

Kindest regards,

Louise 

Motor Administration Team
Assurant 
The Aspen Building, Floor 2,
Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, 

ok just read the T&C it looks like it does state that the testfee is included - John does yours show the same?

Also spoken to the dealer - they cant refund the test fee unless its in the same calendar month but they'll give me credit off the next service - works for me, glad i checked this forum!

::Terms and Conditions of Lexus Extended Warranty for Vehicle Parts::

Page 4

MOT Test: The warranty includes the cost of 2 x MOT Test during the term of the warranty, this does not include the cost of any re-test fee.

27 minutes ago, Rakip123 said:

ok just read the T&C it looks like it does state that the testfee is included - John does yours show the same:

::Terms and Conditions of Lexus Extended Warranty for Vehicle Parts::

Page 4

MOT Test: The warranty includes the cost of 2 x MOT Test during the term of the warranty, this does not include the cost of any re-test fee.

Can you quote a specific paragraph number please Rakesh ?

Try under 1. Definitions -> 1.1 then under MOT Test, this is how I see it in my policy doc:

1. Definitions

In this document the following expressions have the following meanings: Administrator The company that administers this Warranty on behalf of the Warranty Provider. The Administrator is TWG Services Limited which has it registered address at Twenty Kingston Road, Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey, TW18 4LG.

Conditions of use The requirements set out in Clause 3 that must be complied with if Cover is to be provided. Cover The payment by the Warranty Provider of the cost of repairing or replacing a Protected Part as a result of its Mechanical or Electrical Failure within one of the Specified Territories during the Warranty Period, subject to these Terms and Conditions.

Eligible vehicle A Lexus vehicle which -

(a) has been branded and sold by Our Holding company, Toyota Motor Europe NV/SA in Europe as a Category M1 Lexus passenger motor vehicle;

(b) not have been modified structurally, mechanically or electronically otherwise than with the permission of Toyota Motor Europe NV/SA or save for the purpose of enabling it to be lawfully re-registered in the United Kingdom;

(c) have standard Lexus wheels and normal road tyres fitted to it;

(d) possess or be capable of possessing a European Certificate of Conformity;

(e) was purchased through the Lexus Approved Used Car Programme with the benefit of a Lexus Extended Warranty; or

(f) is less than 10 years old and has less than 140,000 miles on its milometer at the start of the first Warranty Period (Notes. (1) All Lexus vehicles imported into the United Kingdom by Us and sold by Us or by a Service Centre in the United Kingdom meet these qualifying conditions

(a)-(d). (2) The fitting of a Lexus approved accessory by a Service Centre will not be treated as a modification for the purpose of condition

(b) (3) We will not provide a Lexus Extended Warranty for any vehicle which is older than 10 years from the date of its first registration.

Excluded Operation Any operation listed in Clause 4.2 which is excluded from the Cover. Excluded Part Any part listed in Clause 4.1 which is excluded from the Cover. Home Country The United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland), the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. Lexus Extended Warranty The extended warranty that We provide for Lexus vehicles or (in the case vehicles sold before 31 March 2009) that was provided by Our subsidiary, Lexus (GB) Ltd.

Mechanical or Electrical Failure The mechanical or electrical failure of a Protected Part or a MOT Protected Part which results in that part not working correctly according to the manufacturer’s specification and which therefore necessitates its repair or replacement.

MOT Protected Part Each mechanical and electrical part of the Protected Vehicle listed in Clause 5.7 MOT Test Cover The payment by the Warranty Provider of the cost of repairing or replacing one or more MOT Protected Part. during the Warranty Period subject to these Terms and Conditions.

MOT Test The warranty includes the cost of 2 x MOT Test during the term of the warranty, this does not include the cost of any re-test fee.

MOT cover has been included for at least a year or two now but wasn't always the case. It is stated in the current Lexus warranty brochure and will be in your specific terms/contract if you have it.

When I had my last service, which needed an MOT at the same time, I just informed my dealer so they didn't charge me for the MOT. 

10 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

MOT cover has been included for at least a year or two now but wasn't always the case. It is stated in the current Lexus warranty brochure and will be in your specific terms/contract if you have it.

When I had my last service, which needed an MOT at the same time, I just informed my dealer so they didn't charge me for the MOT. 

Thanks for the clarification Colin.

Sorry for the delay,

Previously the MOT charge was included in the service contract I took out and not in the warranty, although there was a clause in the warranty stating it covers MOT failure repair.

I was told by Lexus the new warranty now includes the MOT test which I suppose is an obvious addition if they are insuring MOT failure repairs. Of course the MOT fee will no longer be added to the service contract price when renewed.

If you have a service contract do not forget you are entitled to a parts and labour discount on anything needed outside the service contract or warranty items, tyres, Battery, mats etc. I think it is 15% or could be 10% it's written in somewhere. I have found it isn't offered if you don't ask for it though.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
39 minutes ago, northernstar said:

Is it still possible to buy these extended warranties? The terms are much better than the Lexus Relax version.

I don't believe so, although there is an extended warranty option for vehicles which are > 10-years / 100,000 miles.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links