Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Options Needed

Davey Blueeyes

Hi SC430 Folks! 

My exhaust is starting to look a bit worse for wear and my mind is casting to options for a new exhaust. 

Thinking of something in SS maybe, maybe something with a gentle burble and something preferably down South! 

But it's all up for grabs for the right bit of kit

So, recommendations?? 

Hi Davey, assuming this is for an SC430. There are different ways to do it. I would suggest from the front moving back from the cats....

Optional 3rd cat delete, (most of us do) new flanges to downpipes, X pipe to 2 centre resonators (for subdued sporty sound) or 2 straight pipes (for a little more noise)

those 2 pipes go into a large centre rear box and out to 2 tail pipes.

There are other ways to go with silencers or resonators after a Y or merge pipe and then curved pipes straight out to the tails.

Rich, The Lexusman does them through a local company in the West Country for a good price. MIJ in Walsall are good, Tony Banks in Leeds is another that people have used but anyone who can build a decent system should be able to do it. There are some pics of mine in the SC Project build thread.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2020 at 8:19 PM, Neil E said:

Hi Davey, assuming this is for an SC430. There are different ways to do it. I would suggest from the front moving back from the cats....

Optional 3rd cat delete, (most of us do) new flanges to downpipes, X pipe to 2 centre resonators (for subdued sporty sound) or 2 straight pipes (for a little more noise)

those 2 pipes go into a large centre rear box and out to 2 tail pipes.

There are other ways to go with silencers or resonators after a Y or merge pipe and then curved pipes straight out to the tails.

Rich, The Lexusman does them through a local company in the West Country for a good price. MIJ in Walsall are good, Tony Banks in Leeds is another that people have used but anyone who can build a decent system should be able to do it. There are some pics of mine in the SC Project build thread.

Thanks Neil, that's helpful. I'll get over to the other place to ask Rich, the prices vary widely! I'd rather somewhere down south given I'm on the Isle of Wight but once in on that Ferry In can go anywhere! 

After all of the mission impossible stuff was done by MIJ, I used Grove Garage, Powerflow in Brighton to later delete my centre resonators and add some bigger oval twin tails on each side. I think they would do a good job on a cat back system but looking closer to home so should Powerflow in Portsmouth or Southampton.

People value their time and expertise at different rates but a third cat delete and system similar to the way mine is set up now, should be around £600 and perhaps £800 allowing for centre resonators to make it a little quieter. There are plenty of sound clips on You Tube of the various systems, including mine. If you use a big rear silencer and a merge or X pipe, there shouldn't be any of the dreaded drone that everyone refers to.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2020 at 9:57 PM, Neil E said:

After all of the mission impossible stuff was done by MIJ, I used Grove Garage, Powerflow in Brighton to later delete my centre resonators and add some bigger oval twin tails on each side. I think they would do a good job on a cat back system but looking closer to home so should Powerflow in Portsmouth or Southampton.

People value their time and expertise at different rates but a third cat delete and system similar to the way mine is set up now, should be around £600 and perhaps £800 allowing for centre resonators to make it a little quieter. There are plenty of sound clips on You Tube of the various systems, including mine. If you use a big rear silencer and a merge or X pipe, there shouldn't be any of the dreaded drone that everyone refers to.

Thanks Neil. I'll get myself a couple of options, like many I want some V8 noise but not loads. I'll have a chat to Rich and see what his sounds like!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links