Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear ended by Audi A3

Thank you for your thoughts John.  You have prompted me to seek written confirmation of the verbal opinion of my broker and the Law arm of my Insurers that as I have gone through a Accident Management firm for repairs and the Law arm for minor injuries and incidentals, that I don't have to declare this as a claim when seeking renewal or alternative premiums.  If this is confirmed, the need to seek compensation for any increases does not apply.  However, if they are unable to confirm, I will do as you suggest.  I will update on this aspect following response as it may be of general interest. 

The fact that my car has undergone some expensive repairs may have devalued in in the eyes of future purchasers or made it a less attractive purchase.  I will see what Lexus feel about this in so far as it might affect trade in at some stage.  If the car has been devalued, I will ask whether this can be included with my claim for sundry expenses and minor injuries which is yet to be completed.

i

8 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

Thank you for your thoughts John.  You have prompted me to seek written confirmation of the verbal opinion of my broker and the Law arm of my Insurers that as I have gone through a Accident Management firm for repairs and the Law arm for minor injuries and incidentals, that I don't have to declare this as a claim when seeking renewal or alternative premiums.  If this is confirmed, the need to seek compensation for any increases does not apply.  However, if they are unable to confirm, I will do as you suggest.  I will update on this aspect following response as it may be of general interest. 

The fact that my car has undergone some expensive repairs may have devalued in in the eyes of future purchasers or made it a less attractive purchase.  I will see what Lexus feel about this in so far as it might affect trade in at some stage.  If the car has been devalued, I will ask whether this can be included with my claim for sundry expenses and minor injuries which is yet to be completed.

Good thinking Barry.Good luck. I wish you well.

8 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

i

i

Is there any way I can delete a post that I I have started with a quote on this forum as the Edit facility does not help?  It's so simple to do on a cancer forum I spend a lot of time on which has a clearly marked delete button.  But back to my car if you have had the patience to scroll through all the unintended stuff which I added to when trying to edit out.

I drove to Lexus Exeter yesterday as previously agreed with Snows Repair Centre Southampton.  However, it was just as well I rang Exeter first to check they were expecting me before I left home, as Snows had inadvertently arranged for my car to be examined at Lexus Plymouth!

When my car was examined they found that a component had been left out of the chrome strip that incorporates the hatch release and lifting handle.  This was described as a sort of adhesive strip.  This was not in stock so is being ordered and my car collected from my home and returned by low loader all in January.  I will ask them to fill it with petrol to compensate for the 100 odd mile journey yesterday that did not sort the problem.

Meanwhile, I have found at least one more problem.  I can get virtually no air out of the two adjacent dash mounted vents despite having the fan on maximum which I can hear it working by the sound.  I have tried the buttons and the settings menu.   It seems to me that the shunt may have caused the air supply to become disconnected from the vents so that's definitely something that needs addressing.

The last thing that may require attention is the air suspension where I suspect there may be a leak now.  I don't use the facility to raise and lower the car which understandably calls for the compressor to cut in and I can't ever remember the compressor sound before the accident.  However, it now cuts in every morning and intermittently on a journey suggesting there is a leak or damage to air bags.  The evaporator was damaged in the accident and was replaced.

I just hope I haven't missed anything and will insist that every function is fully checked out before the car is returned in perfect working order as it was before the accident.

I took the opportunity to ask whether the accident damage would affect the trade in price if I wanted to do this at some point and was told that as the repair was done by an authorised Lexus repairer it would not.  (I managed to keep a straight face!)

3 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

I took the opportunity to ask whether the accident damage would affect the trade in price if I wanted to do this at some point and was told that as the repair was done by an authorised Lexus repairer it would not.  (I managed to keep a straight face!)

Hmmm, I suspect if they were selling such a repaired car that's exactly what they would say, but completely the opposite if you were trading it in with them.......

Sorry to hear it's not fully resolved yet. Modern cars are so complicated it must be very difficult for them.

• 1 month later...

I have got my car back for the second time from  Snows repair centre at Southampton. They took it back because I was not happy with some things, the main one being the air suspension compressor/pump.  They agreed the noise it was making was excessive and must have been damaged in the accident.  They said it would add another 2K£ to the cost (which seems a bit much to me but I'm not paying), so would have to get this approved.  Anyway, this and other things now done and I am looking for a legitimate reason to be able to use it in these times of Government imposed restrictions.  

Meanwhile, I have got myself one of those Battery saving devices so I can use in conjunction with a spare standard Battery I have whilst the car is not in use.   This will enable me to remove the Panasonic Battery and check more precisely what I can fit in its place even with some adaptation.  This may take some time as the car is on my drive and it rains most days here in Devon or so it seems!  However, I will revert to this Battery aspect in due course.

• Like 4