Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who's got or ordered a Convertible

Kevin Williams

1 hour ago, AJ500 said:

Kevin,

With your interest in Lexus Scotland,have you noticed on their Facebook page that they are awaiting a LC500 convertible demo in July.Its Sonic Silver with red leather apparently.

Hopefully,yours will be delivered well before then.

A J.

Just looked at their Facebook site, thanks A J. When I received an email, and my Lexus Link changed to Build in Progress. I did ring Sean, and he checked his systems, and said it was looking like late March early April. The internet says Japan has serious issues with Covid, like many other countries, so it might be later...

I read in one of your posts on, What car next?, that you wrote, my last M4. I presume you have had a couple of M4's ? I have had two M4 convertibles, and they were good...!

I don't know if you read my post to Ryan on, apple Car Play...? I thought I would write it, because I don't like reading the words... "Pathetic from Lexus..." I think Ryan is a youngster, probably not old enough to drive, and spends a lot of his time on the internet... I see one of his posts was at 3.54 AM...!

Stay safe Cheers Kevin

Kevin,Lets hope your car is being built now and then its the transport which may not be delayed by the virus.

I have no time for the comments continually made by the person you referred to.Constant moaning about a car he doesnt own .No one is forcing him to get one.I think the technical term is trolling.

Yes seen a lot of the videos and had the top down on the new convertible to check it out, love it.

i don’t think you can fault the car technically, I must say I really enjoyed my Jaguar XK coupe and the convertibles and do think Jaguar made a backward step with the introduction of the F type.

I am sure that the Lexus convertible will be the market leader as there is not much out there to contest it, and will certainly keep me happy for a couple of years, if we ever get back on the road and the Pandemic is over.

cheers 

steve

12 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Yes seen a lot of the videos and had the top down on the new convertible to check it out, love it.

i don’t think you can fault the car technically, I must say I really enjoyed my Jaguar XK coupe and the convertibles and do think Jaguar made a backward step with the introduction of the F type.

I am sure that the Lexus convertible will be the market leader as there is not much out there to contest it, and will certainly keep me happy for a couple of years, if we ever get back on the road and the Pandemic is over.

cheers 

steve

Hello Steve, I hope you and your family and friends, and any business colleagues, are all safe and well.

Good to read that you are happy with your convertible, and can’t fault it technically. Even though I am still waiting for mine, I also think it will be a market leader.

I also think, I will keep mine for a couple of years. You will see my posts in the Topic, apple Car Play, that I don’t keep my cars very long…!

I kept my helicopter for longer than any car in the last 30 years…

I am more than happy with my Coupe Sport+. I shouldn’t have waited nearly 20 years to have another Lexus…

When my partners and I, sold our Group of Companies in 2002, and I had a few more bob in the bank. I went to my local BMW Dealer and bought a BMW 750i… Thinking back it wasn’t as nice as the LS 400…!

How many Lexus’s have you owned…? Was the LC 500 Coupe your first…?

I have my Concierge set up on my Coupe, and it works very well…

Have you watched the Canadian video, where the reviewer drives it with the roof down @ -6C, and he's enjoying driving it...! The video definitely looks like it was exactly as it happened...?  The Concierge was obviously working well...! 

I would imagine that you can drive your convertible with the roof down at the moment, when you are allowed to, and the Concierge will do what it is designed to do…?

Reading the latest news about the vaccine being delivered, is encouraging…

I hope you haven’t any business problems because of the Lockdown.

Cheers

Kevin

6 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Hello Steve, I hope you and your family and friends, and any business colleagues, are all safe and well.

Good to read that you are happy with your convertible, and can’t fault it technically. Even though I am still waiting for mine, I also think it will be a market leader.

I also think, I will keep mine for a couple of years. You will see my posts in the Topic, Apple Car Play, that I don’t keep my cars very long…!

I kept my helicopter for longer than any car in the last 30 years…

I am more than happy with my Coupe Sport+. I shouldn’t have waited nearly 20 years to have another Lexus…

When my partners and I, sold our Group of Companies in 2002, and I had a few more bob in the bank. I went to my local BMW Dealer and bought a BMW 750i… Thinking back it wasn’t as nice as the LS 400…!

How many Lexus’s have you owned…? Was the LC 500 Coupe your first…?

I have my Concierge set up on my Coupe, and it works very well…

Have you watched the Canadian video, where the reviewer drives it with the roof down @ -6C, and he's enjoying driving it...! The video definitely looks like it was exactly as it happened...?  The Concierge was obviously working well...! 

I would imagine that you can drive your convertible with the roof down at the moment, when you are allowed to, and the Concierge will do what it is designed to do…?

Reading the latest news about the vaccine being delivered, is encouraging…

I hope you haven’t any business problems because of the Lockdown.

Cheers

Kevin

Hello Steve, I think we will soon read posts from other Convertible owners on the Forum.

I remember another couple of convertibles that I only owned for a few months. A BMW Z4 and a Mercedes C43AMG...

I am very much looking forward to my LC 500 convertible arriving...

I think if friends of mine wanted to have a bet with me, that I wouldn't keep the LC 500 Convertible longer than I have kept other convertibles, they would lose...!

Cheers

Kevin 

C43AMG.png

KSW1_2.jpg

Hi

The convertible was only my second Lexus, I had the coupe for 12 months when I ordered the convertible. My last 3 cars have been Xks, and Mercedes  SLC ‘s prior to that. As I have said I was more than happy with the jag XK Until it was decommissioned.

Although the Pandemic has seriously impacted our business, we are coping.

My wife and I are now senior citizens and we can’t wait to go on our usual outings around Lancashire with the top down. I just feel that the car needs a bigger windbreak that doesn’t seem to be available at the moment, and due to the newness of the car other manufacturers haven’t brought any out.

keep safe

cheers Steve

15 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Hi

The convertible was only my second Lexus, I had the coupe for 12 months when I ordered the convertible. My last 3 cars have been Xks, and Mercedes  SLC ‘s prior to that. As I have said I was more than happy with the jag XK Until it was decommissioned.

Although the Pandemic has seriously impacted our business, we are coping.

My wife and I are now senior citizens and we can’t wait to go on our usual outings around Lancashire with the top down. I just feel that the car needs a bigger windbreak that doesn’t seem to be available at the moment, and due to the newness of the car other manufacturers haven’t brought any out.

keep safe

cheers Steve

Hello Steve

Hopefully the Pandemic will be sorted by our Government in the next few months… The news about the vaccines being delivered, is very positive…

My Lexus Link, yesterday, changed to ‘Left The Factory’, and I also got an email. My dealer has checked, and it isn’t expected to land in the UK until 23rd February… and he says it will still be ready for delivery in March…  

I recently retired from Property Development, to spend more time at home with my wife, who has MS.

I am still currently involved with Property Development, which fortunately, can continue, with Covid restrictions.

I have bought the adjacent house, and I am extending and improving it. I also have a permission for a new build adjacent to it… 

Are you saying that the convertible needs a bigger windbreak than the one that the car comes with…? Picture attached… 

I have found the review below very interesting. It saves having to read the Owner’s Manual when my convertible finally arrives…! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSBA842csiA

I have also had an SLC, great car, but not as good as the LC 500 Convertible…! 

Stay safe

Cheers

Kevin

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2304.PNG

679172260_Screenshot2021-01-19at09_40_05.png

SLC43AMG_3.jpg

Hi

we are still involved in the Building trade, but take no active part in the running of our company.

I can’t say definitely that the Lc500 convertible needs a bigger windbreak, but I had fitted in both of my last XK Convertibles a windbreak similar to the one you are showing and found them great and will fit one in my new car as soon as I can find one. Lexus Preston are quoting £1000 plus at the moment  but normally can be purchased from Accessory dealers in the region of £250.

Sounds like you are going to be busy, I just want to get away to our place in Spain and get back to lunching out in country pubs with the roof down of course, when the lockdown permits.

cheers

steve

13 hours ago, Fatts said:

LC 500 getting noticed and with good reviews 

All the various reviews are good. I particularly like the review by Savagegeese…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZfAW6NqASY&t=16s

Stephen, Lakeside, is the only Forum member who has posted that he has one... Stephen said in one of his posts... 

I am sure that the Lexus convertible will be the market leader as there is not much out there to contest it.

I had some good news yesterday, my dealer thinks, dependant on Covid restrictions, I should get mine in early March.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

As with the original LC 500 I can find advertisements showing a blue convertible with a bit of a white interior. And as with the original one this doesn't seem to be a version that you can order. I had to wait until the structural blue (limited edition) came available to order mine. But this never came in "sport plus" which I would have liked.

Why do they advertise with a car in a colour that they don't sell? You'd guess they think it's pretty that way. 

For my open top needs I also own a ferrari mondial T where opening and cloning the the roof only takes about 10 minutes. Does get irritating once in a while. 

So I'll wait until a structural blue one comes available and then decide. 

Ben

15 hours ago, bvhout said:

Hi

As with the original LC 500 I can find advertisements showing a blue convertible with a bit of a white interior. And as with the original one this doesn't seem to be a version that you can order. I had to wait until the structural blue (limited edition) came available to order mine. But this never came in "sport plus" which I would have liked.

Why do they advertise with a car in a colour that they don't sell? You'd guess they think it's pretty that way. 

For my open top needs I also own a ferrari mondial T where opening and cloning the the roof only takes about 10 minutes. Does get irritating once in a while. 

Ben

Hi Ben, Yes, I think Chris is correct... The various magazine articles, and youtube reviews, have said that the Inspiration Series were destined for America. 

A J found one in the UK, and posted on the topic LC500 Soft Top. The Lexus Cardiff Facebook site, shows one of their customers getting one on 9th October.   

I have lost count how many convertibles that I have owned. I am looking forward to my Convertible arriving in early March…

The savagegeese LC500 Convertible youtube review, helped influence me to buy one… The video also says that Lexus will be building between 200 and 300 Convertibles a year… It also mentions, towards the end, that the Inspiration Series is a really limited production…

Cheers Kevin

16 minutes ago, bvhout said:

Hi,

Did any come to the UK. I know mine was one of 10, and one of 5 with the v8. 

Ben

See Steve's post above...

"I don’t think you can fault the car technically, I must say I really enjoyed my Jaguar XK coupe and the convertibles and do think Jaguar made a backward step with the introduction of the F type."

"I am sure that the Lexus convertible will be the market leader as there is not much out there to contest it"

I have attached my spec...

Cheers Kevin

Convertible Ordered.pdf

17 hours ago, bvhout said:

Hi

Ben

I can see why it takes 10 minutes...!

Cheers

Kevin

Thanks, 

Haven't  been able to drive it for three months now, broke my leg at three places in a motor cycle accident. Not my fault, am wondering whether I can claim some additional funds to compensate for the loss of the pleasure driving it.  

Ben

3 hours ago, bvhout said:

Thanks, 

Haven't  been able to drive it for three months now, broke my leg at three places in a motor cycle accident. Not my fault, am wondering whether I can claim some additional funds to compensate for the loss of the pleasure driving it.  

Ben

Sorry to hear about your accident. Three months ago, how much longer do you think...? Obviously very serious breaks...? I also drive only a couple of times a week, and not very far, because of an accident. But I still enjoy my cars... I am looking forward to the Convertible arriving in March...! If I would have known that tail rotor blades can break up, I would have never learnt to fly helicopters...

I don't tell many people that when I passed my motorbike test @ 16, I bought a Reliant Robin...! I thought buying a bigger motorbike wasn't a sensible thing to do... It did help me pass my car test 1st time...!

1456600676_RotorTorqueSummer2012_2copy.jpeg

Somerset Air Ambulance copy.jpeg

Wow, That's quite something. Last year I had a heart attack and was flown from my house to Leeds in a helicopter. They filmed me and it will be on some television program on the 9th this month. I had a stent within 90 minutes after onset of symptoms. So, I like helicopters.  

I expect another month or two before I can get comfortable in the Lexus.  I'm happy to also own a RR Wraith in which I can get in quite easily (the doors open the other way) and which I can drive now that my pain medication has been decreased.  It's not quite the same to drive as the Lexus though, it's for another  state of mind. 

BenImage

3 hours ago, bvhout said:

Wow, That's quite something. Last year I had a heart attack and was flown from my house to Leeds in a helicopter. They filmed me and it will be on some television program on the 9th this month. I had a stent within 90 minutes after onset of symptoms. So, I like helicopters.  

I expect another month or two before I can get comfortable in the Lexus.  I'm happy to also own a RR Wraith in which I can get in quite easily (the doors open the other way) and which I can drive now that my pain medication has been decreased.  It's not quite the same to drive as the Lexus though, it's for another  state of mind. 

BenImage

Also, Wow…! Reading our posts. I think we both owe our lives to the Air Ambulances. 

I don’t like helicopters that have tail rotor blades, made by an American company called HTC, because they can break up… In my case @ 2,200 feet up…

I know we are on the Lexus Forum, but I have looked at a couple of you tubes of the RR Wraith. 

I can see why its very helpful to you if your leg is in plaster…! Just press a button, and the door closes…!

If you broke your leg in 3 places your leg must be well plastered…

I also like the way you can get the brolly, if its raining when you get out…!

Cheers Kevin

Hi Guys

yes my lc 500 arrived December, from watching the original videos and American advertisements I initially opted for White body and a Navy Blue Roof as documented, but on ordering the vehicle only a Black Roof was available and/or a beige colour.

still the car is a great good looking machine that will be a future classic.

keep safe and be happy

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links