Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to the forum RC-F owner

3 hours ago, timothyrogers62 said:

Here are some new pictures of the car I took today

PXL_20201109_144810534.jpg

PXL_20201109_144801344.jpg

PXL_20201109_144747515.jpg

PXL_20201109_144740111.jpg

Lovely looking car. I sat in a 10th Anniversary RCF in the Lexus stand at Goodwood festival of speed in 2018, same colour and Interior I believe. 

Link here https://newsroom.lexus.eu/lexus-celebrates-a-decade-of-f-performance-at-the-2018-goodwood-festival-of-speed/

• Thanks 1

Love the colour. I will probably get mine wrapped to protect the paint as best possible. This is a similar colour to what I'm thinking of 👍

Subject to me being able to hang onto her, thanks covid.

• Like 1

Exterior is fantastic, however the interior is not to my taste. I'm an understated chap and as per the track edition (red carpets, what were Lexus thinking) the interior on anniversary edition is too loud for my taste.

I like my interiors plain and simple, but I appreciate we're all different and spice is the variety of life 👍

I feel Lexus try's to hard to be different and sometimes fails in it's execution.

1 hour ago, Silkmen said:

Exterior is fantastic, however the interior is not to my taste. I'm an understated chap and as per the track edition (red carpets, what were Lexus thinking) the interior on anniversary edition is too loud for my taste.

I like my interiors plain and simple, but I appreciate we're all different and spice is the variety of life 👍

I feel Lexus try's to hard to be different and sometimes fails in it's execution.

Each to her own. I kind of like it, thats why i bought it.

if lexus could give back the 20 hp they took, then it would be perfect.

On 11/9/2020 at 6:21 PM, Jez. W said:

There is a really good piston heads you tube video of these two cars getting compared. He is saying the same as you. 

It also drives differently to my old GSF. I wonder where it is.? About a year into its ownership I changed the reg to L500 GSF anyone seen it?

piccie attached with the old plate, i traded the Mercedes in the in background for it

lexus gsf.jpg

33 minutes ago, timothyrogers62 said:

It also drives differently to my old GSF. I wonder where it is.? About a year into its ownership I changed the reg to L500 GSF anyone seen it?

piccie attached with the old plate, i traded the Mercedes in the in background for itimageproxy.php?img=&key=a093aed6cc69d2cf

lexus gsf.jpg

It’s currently been reserved at Lexus Hull by a member on here 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 7:12 PM, Jez. W said:

Hello, I had searched and searched for the same info. I have the early 477ps rcf so happy with performance, but was just for interest. The rcf was reduced in power in 2018 ish for emissions. I am sure it is just a different ecu but don't know for sure how they did it. Can't find anything about it. The 0 to 60 is always quoted the same but I can't see how it can be exactly the same as the gearing is the same I believe, so less power must be less performance ? 

Because nobody does remaps for these cars it isn't easy to just remap it to match the earlier cars bhp either. The very new rcf track edition rcfs have 5 more bhp than the early rcfs and lower gearing so can do 0 to 60 in 3.9 second. I don't think you would notice 5 bhp but the lower gearing would be noticeable so must be down to only that for the extra exceleration. 

i have tried searching for a solution to the detune on the 2018 RCF. not sure if the same detune happened LC500 model. Its enfuriating  there is no info as to what Lexus have done to the engine or a solution to putting it back.

30 minutes ago, timothyrogers62 said:

i have tried searching for a solution to the detune on the 2018 RCF. not sure if the same detune happened LC500 model. Its enfuriating  there is no info as to what Lexus have done to the engine or a solution to putting it back.

Do you think it will make a perceivable difference on the road?  

On 11/11/2020 at 9:25 AM, timothyrogers62 said:

piccie attached with the old plate, i traded the Mercedes in the in background for itimageproxy.php?img=&key=a093aed6cc69d2cf

lexus gsf.jpg

I live in south Warrington and used to see this car around sometimes, was easy to notice with the plate. As someone else has mentioned it was at Lexus Hull recently so I presume it's now moved away from here.

9 hours ago, BlueJ said:

I live in south Warrington and used to see this car around sometimes, was easy to notice with the plate. As someone else has mentioned it was at Lexus Hull recently so I presume it's now moved away from here.

Yup, the car is now situated in Essex on my drive 🥰

PXL_20201119_181255623.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2020 at 5:39 PM, timothyrogers62 said:

Hi I recently purchased a used RC-F 10th Anniversary.

Having previously owned a 2016 GS-F and unwisely selling it, I was looking out for one recently but opted for the RCF instead. I do notice that it is slightly down on power when compared to the GS-F and understand that was a consequence of fitting a GPF to meet the Euro 6 ULEZ standards. I also notice that the 2020 models are back up in the power stakes. Does anyone have an idea how they did that and is it something that can be done to an older model?

Selling already?! Is that your RCF on AT? 

On 2/10/2021 at 8:17 PM, doog442 said:

Parting company I see ? Best of luck with the sale.

On 2/11/2021 at 10:58 PM, tomRCFcarbon said:

Selling already?! Is that your RCF on AT? 

yes. sooner than i wanted i have ended up with one car too many, change of circumstances. i have two cars up for sale depending which goes first will determine the onen will keep

16 hours ago, timothyrogers62 said:

yes. sooner than i wanted i have ended up with one car too many, change of circumstances. i have two cars up for sale depending which goes first will determine the onen will keep

I know what you mean. I ran an ISF and now an RCF because I used to travel a lot for work up and down the country. However my company is talking about changing my role and if that happens, even when lockdown is over, all I’ll ever do is head to the office or the airport. At which point three cars between 2 people becomes a bit pointless and I’ll probably sell the carbon, I’m not really into having a garage queen. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links