Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SatNav Issue/Repair

Macmic

I have a 2016 ct200h which has the model of satnav that uses a micro sd card which is accessed behind a flap below the radio. I have very stupidly managed to damage the card reader by applying excess pressure when inserting and removing a card. Does anyone know if the card reader is a) repairable or b) which part I need to think about procuring or c) any other solution! I dont absolutely need the satnav of course but I hate it when something does not work! 

Has has your car got extended warranty, if so you can claim it through that.

Furthermore have you also tried to have another card to see if it’s the actual card reader or the memory card. 

I hope this helps. 

Unfortunately I am responsible for damage so no warranty cover. I have tried another card without success. I think I have dislodged or damaged card reader. 
Thanks for responding 

Can't help with specifics but a card reader will be an off the shelf item and thus very repairable. Of course "which exact shelf" will require you to pull the unit out and see what's what 😕 If you've just cracked the solder joints from the reader to the PCB then it's a simple fix but if you've broken the PCB then it depends if it's multi-layered and how bad it's broken.

Just purchase one of these. https://www.beatsonicusa.com/lexuscarplayandroidauto.html

It will upgrade your system to support CarPlay or Android Auto, then you can use your mobile device instead. I've been using this for 1 year now. It's wonderful having CarPlay in my 2017 Lexus CT200h.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links