Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner - First thoughts and fault.

Larry David

My LC 500 was in at Lexus Plymouth last week, for its 1st MOT, and to have the Multimedia updated to MM19.

I had previously received an email saying that they would update to MM19, free of charge... it is below...

"As for software update, there is software available to update your MM17 system to the latest MM19 setup which includes apple car play & Android auto functionalities, this is a chargeable update but in this car case I can offer a free update, I will however need the car for approx. 5 hours to do said update."

They didn't need the car for 5 hours...! I had a phone call on the day, to say they couldn't download MM19.

When I asked why, I was told that is was only available in America...! 

On 12/14/2020 at 5:51 PM, Kevin Williams said:

When I asked why, I was told that is was only available in America...! 

This is the kind of trash that means Lexus will never be a respected brand in the UK. 

You can't just not bother to update your infotainment with features that other markets get simply because you haven't really sold many of the vehicle in question and can't be bothered.

Lexus have fed you a lie, because the other vehicles with the next-gen infotainment system - which remember was introduced with the LC - all get the update. Just the LS and LC don't - conveniently the two vehicles that probably number 1000 in total sales if they are lucky.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:27 PM, AJ500 said:

Thankfully not everybody is worried about lack of Car Play and just want a fantastic car .

A J.

The LC is a great car - but it could be perfect if it had CarPlay. Live Google Maps navigation with satellite view beats some ancient looking out of date the moment it's 'updated' built in Lexus system.

4 minutes ago, Rydo said:

The LC is a great car - but it could be perfect if it had CarPlay. Live Google Maps navigation with satellite view beats some ancient looking out of date the moment it's 'updated' built in Lexus system.

What do you drive Ryan ?

It's irrelevant because it doesn't change Lexus's stance on something so simple as a software update - which they are applying to the rest of their range.

Just because you are a fan of something doesn't mean you put the blinkers on to any faults...

29 minutes ago, Rydo said:

Ryan... The LC is a great, and a PERFECT car. I am very much looking forward to the LC Convertible that I have ordered, due in March.

I am probably going to keep both LC's, wether they have CarPlay, or not...

18 minutes ago, Rydo said:

It's irrelevant because it doesn't change Lexus's stance on something so simple as a software update - which they are applying to the rest of their range.

Just because you are a fan of something doesn't mean you put the blinkers on to any faults...

You must not assume that I am assuming anything Ryan.Now please answer my question or you can drift off. 

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

You must not assume that I am assuming anything Ryan.Now please answer my question or you can drift off. 

Ryan obviously doesn't want the Forum to know what he is driving...

The LC 500's navigation is fine, without the need to have CarPlay...

I should know, because I had to pass a written Navigation exam, to be able to have 1,000 hours of flying my own helicopter... 

PA250027 copy.JPG

• Like 2

Just now, AJ500 said:

Kevin,

Great picture.

Are you sure the one on the right is road legal?

A J.

The actual registration G-KSWI, cost me a lot less, than the reg KSW1...!

The one on the right doesn't fly slow enough to keep to road speed limits...!

On 11/10/2020 at 3:39 PM, Larry David said:

I have had my LC500 for 3 weeks now, coming from a 991 Carrera S and previous F Type. Thought I would share my first thoughts. Bought the car from Lexus Guildford, 2018 with only 12k on the clock. Test drove drove a C63S before the LC but ultimately although a great noise and engine it did not seem special enough outside a normal AMG C class. Audi R8 V10 not at my price point yet.

The LC won it for me with the engine / looks, I had to scratch the V8 itch before these are extinct. Love the fact it is two cars in one, comfortable cruiser or muscle car dependant on mood / conditions. It really does sound great once wound up although with all the rain I have only had a couple of dry outings. I specifically wanted the stealth look and found the black on black I wanted, at the time it was the only one around and had the Levinson and HUD.

Never had so many people comment when out, either nice car or what is it. The infotainment is not as bad as the press reviews would make out, yes its not intuitive but once set up I do not need to change much, just wish the climate was simpler and Apple Car play was a retro fit. 

The Mark Levinson is the best stereo I have had in any car, when not booting it, this is a great sound to listen to. Interior is of a very high quality. The alloys are a bit bling for me but work with the car and no choice, just hope I don't kerb them.

Car has had the fuel pump recall done before purchase and today I found I had the stuck fuel cap whilst trying to fill up, perfect! Call to local dealer, parts on back order, with 1 other customer and will be replaced Monday. Until then need to fill up with 2 people...... 

Small known issue just hope this is the first and last as I sold the Porsche due to two major water leaks in a year and lost confidence in the car. 

Apart from this really enjoying it, be interesting to see how bad the depreciation over years 3-5. Alex.

B2AE49E2-D4AE-467C-9761-8A279422A439.heic 2.66 MB · 34 downloads

Just suffered the same problem with my two month old LC500 on Monday,  pulled in to fill up up only to find filler cover wold not release, rang my Lexus dealer and they told me there was a modification for the release mechanism and to bring it in today, took an hour and hopefully now ok.

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2020 at 3:39 PM, Larry David said:

I have had my LC500 for 3 weeks now, coming from a 991 Carrera S and previous F Type. Thought I would share my first thoughts. Bought the car from Lexus Guildford, 2018 with only 12k on the clock. Test drove drove a C63S before the LC but ultimately although a great noise and engine it did not seem special enough outside a normal AMG C class. Audi R8 V10 not at my price point yet.

The LC won it for me with the engine / looks, I had to scratch the V8 itch before these are extinct. Love the fact it is two cars in one, comfortable cruiser or muscle car dependant on mood / conditions. It really does sound great once wound up although with all the rain I have only had a couple of dry outings. I specifically wanted the stealth look and found the black on black I wanted, at the time it was the only one around and had the Levinson and HUD.

Never had so many people comment when out, either nice car or what is it. The infotainment is not as bad as the press reviews would make out, yes its not intuitive but once set up I do not need to change much, just wish the climate was simpler and Apple Car play was a retro fit. 

The Mark Levinson is the best stereo I have had in any car, when not booting it, this is a great sound to listen to. Interior is of a very high quality. The alloys are a bit bling for me but work with the car and no choice, just hope I don't kerb them.

Car has had the fuel pump recall done before purchase and today I found I had the stuck fuel cap whilst trying to fill up, perfect! Call to local dealer, parts on back order, with 1 other customer and will be replaced Monday. Until then need to fill up with 2 people...... 

Small known issue just hope this is the first and last as I sold the Porsche due to two major water leaks in a year and lost confidence in the car. 

Apart from this really enjoying it, be interesting to see how bad the depreciation over years 3-5. Alex.

B2AE49E2-D4AE-467C-9761-8A279422A439.heic 2.66 MB · 40 downloads

Pretty much exactly the same story for me Larry. Tried a few options, M8, C63 etc. Every time I see mine and get in I am reminded that I made the best decision. Mine is one of the first 2017 models with HUD & ML so no recalls but still have sticky filler cap. A little WD40 and a quick practice before leaving home seems to avoid the forecourt embarrassment.