Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Squeaky brakes gs450h 2006

Jake85

Hi guys. 

Just wondering if anybody here had a squeaky brakes problem. My pads are fine according to lexus Stockport, but the noise is really annoying.  Someone told me that there should be some small metal plate there to stop the noise, but I don't know if that's true. Any help and advice will be really appreciated.  Thank you. 

Also I would like to ask where would be the best place to purchase rear height sensor without paying a small fortune for it (mine just snapped and fell apart). 

Hi Jake, so Lexus have taken a look but not resolved the issue - right...

Are your disks scoured at all? 

Is the vehicle new to you? 

Do you know when the pads were last changed?

Do you know when the calipers were last lubed? - the rear have sliders are notorious for drying out and dragging 😉  Oh and dealers typically don't maintain/lube these, they just let them get so bad that they then charge you to replace the whole rear calliper.

Do you brake hard to engage the hydraulics are just a little/medium to use the motor regen for most of the braking?

I'd have a look at RockAuto over in the states for a ride height sensor.  Is it just the arm that's broken? - if so, then you can make up a rod/rose joint yourself to fix it 😉

Regards, Lee

Thank you for you reply Farqui. Yes I only just purchased the car. Not sure when the pads been done. I will try and lube the calippers first and we will se if it works. 

With the ride height sensor its the straight aluminium stick that just fell apart completely. Not sure what I could replace it with tbh.  I will post the photo of it tonight when I get home to give you a better picture of what it is. Thank  you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.  

Whilst you are checking your brakes, ensure all the pads and pad to calliper sections are clean and sliding freely.  Also a dab of lube on the back of the pads may sort it, all the common brake maintenance checks.  Good luck.

Take a look here for the ride height sensor repair;