Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all changed the headlight bulbs from some oem d4s to a pair of osram cool blue intense I got from amazon for a fantastic price.

Stupidly I didn't take a picture before with the lights on for a direct comparison but definitely a much whiter looking bulb.

Will check them tonight when out and about to see how they are.

If anyone's interested in doing it themselves it's handy enough just a few pieces of trim in the engine bay need to come off.

Make sure light switch is off and fully shut down then leave for approx 15 mins till you change possibly longer if the lights have been on as they will be hot.

(Use gloves when handling bulbs as oil from your hands will harm the life of the bulbs)

Take the plastic covering off the bottom of the engine bay all the way across about 14 plastic Screws. These just push down then pop out.

IMG_20201113_121302.thumb.jpg.71a4c3f4aa60ce357110f83316697b98.jpg

For the driver's side no need to go through the wheel arch as there is plenty of room. Disconnect the white plug before attempting to change.

(Passenger side show as I didn't snap a picture)

Then twist the cap and off careful as the bulb is wired to this cap then twist the connector on the back of the bulb take all that out and the bulb is in a standard spring housing.

IMG_20201113_121252.thumb.jpg.d02db54e8fc998a76d9c3e58ecec5ef1.jpg

Now for the passenger side exact same but disconnect the screen wash funnel for a little bit more room and disconnect the plug.

Then turn the wheel so you can get access in and take out the cap to have access to the bulb case.

Once the cover is off same as the other side twist the bulb cover off and then feed it back through the wheel arch it will fit just tight and change the bulb same as other side.

IMG_20201113_121244.thumb.jpg.324b307b4d718d5939503b6c76f3998a.jpg

Here's the after look great in my opinion sorry if the formating is a bit all over the place posting this from mobile.

Going to tackle a small leather repair tonight and will update the form with how it works out.

IMG_20201113_145153.thumb.jpg.b3bf7bf58fc1c2fc9edc6932c4903714.jpg

Also changed the indicators while I was at it to chrome coated ones as they look better in my opinion.

IMG_20201113_145701.thumb.jpg.b88ce0e74c6e06d83089a9283e6b6631.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links