Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES UK Spec for MY21, Ornamental Lighting ?

e-yes

Hi,

Just joined the forum because I am considering the ES300h.

The lovely dealers allowed an extended test drive and the ES is a revelation on how well a car can be made. (Previously owned an E91 BMW 3 Series, Audi A6 C7). I have a good understanding of why most all ES owners here love their cars :-)

I have a question regarding the configurator on Lexus UK website. When I select ES300h and add the Premium Pack I notice that the graphic for the interior displays some kind of LED light strip on the dashboard and door panels. I checked the manual and that also lists "ornamental lighting" for dashboard and doors.

Has anyone recently taken delivery of a MY21 ES + Premium pack ? Can they, if possible, please confirm that is indeed the case ?

Cheers,

--

• 3 months later...

Good evening. I too have just taken delivery of an ES 300h with Premium pack. I can confirm that (mine at least) has the sort of ambient lighting you describe and I'm sure yours will be the same.

The problem ,(and the reason I joined this forum) is that it is so dim as to be useless as a feature. I'm sure that there must be a way of increasing the brightness and maybe the colour of this feature, but i'm hanged if I can find it!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The LED ornamental/ambient lighting is standard on the Takumi grade and part of the Premium Pack you can add to the base grade ES.

I don't believe there is an option to change intensity or colour, you can just disable/enable the function via dealer/techstream/carista settings.

It is possible to change the intensity, it is linked to the brightness of the rest of the lighting in the cabin. It's not a very noticeable change between the brightest and dimmest.

However, I personally like it the way it is. Everyone is different, but I find the E Class ambient lighting to be a bit to "restaurant" like. I got tired of it during the second test drive I requested in the later half of the day.

Audi A6 lighting looks good (£2295 pack needed mind you), and I couldn't experience it in real life hence took to YouTube to see what it could look like. But the issue is that A6 interior is so spartan that anything will look good when lit up in that car. (I guess that's why the owners experience frequent Christmas lighting on the dashboard... just to keep the owners entertained and distract them from the boredom)

Cheers,

--E

• Like 1

Thank you for responding. I'm sure your assessment is correct. It's a pity that it is described as "LED Ambient Lighting" in every publication / review  that I have seen, including the official brochure and in fact, the only place it is described as "ornamental", is in the User Guide supplied with the car. I think it would look quite stylish if it was a tad brighter.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Regards G

6 minutes ago, Grum said:

It's a pity that it is described as "LED Ambient Lighting" in every publication / review  that I have seen, including the official brochure and in fact, the only place it is described as "ornamental", is in the User Guide supplied with the car.

Lexus GB use the term LED Ambient lighting in all their press material, hence the term is used in all the reviews. Same for Lexus in the US. For some reason they aren't in sync with the manual.

Sorry E, 

I only saw your post after I had sent mine. I had noticed that the Ornamental lighting is linked to the dimmer switch for the whole dashboard, but, as you say the difference between the two extremes is minimal. Not to worry, I still like the car.

Cheers   G

• 10 months later...

Hello and sorry that I’m late in adding my tuppence worth on this.

I can definitely confirm that a Takumi has the ornamental lighting as part of the package, as described in the Owner’s Manual. The lume is more at the ‘subtle’ end of the scale rather than ‘retina bleaching’…..even at max brilliance. So perhaps it’s disappointing for some tastes.

Door handle illumination is equally dim but the rear door strips are very clear but not flashy. 

Overall I like it as it’s not the bright light/colour fest of other manufacturers.

Hope this is of help/interest. Apologies if it’s repetitious.

PeteTP

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links