Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISFs in Harpenden?

Me, the missus and the nipper were up in harpenden today looking at houses.

I saw not one but two other ISFs, first of all a red one (I got all excited and nearly broke my neck as we passed each other near the batchwood sports centre)) and one stationary black/dark grey somewhere else.  The latter dark one had a “V8 XXX” plate. Can’t remember the last three digits.

I stopped in the rain and had a look at the dark one. Thought  it was lovely, much better than in autotrader pics.

If we move to harpenden too it will be ISF Central 🙂

23 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

My wife doesn’t get it at all.

She sort of likes nice cars, but can’t tell the difference between an F and a regular IS.

mate dont get me started, my missus is always saying her best friend had one at high school (she is American), she didnt it was a regular IS!!!!!

23 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...

I thought it was about time I did an update after owning our 13 plate ISF for a year.

I’ve been up in Scotland and I think we hit 39mpg at one point thanks to the speed restrictions but hovering around 32 for the whole trip.

Such a q car. Nobody knows what it is.  Just drop a few cogs and leave motorway tailgaters dumbfounded. And probably a bit deaf as well.  H&S means I can drive it very sensibly and conservatively but still sounds like a serious muscle car pootling round.

ive got grippy new tyres all round Michelin Crossclimate + 245F 255R  on which will do for snow in winter and stop me worrying about the wife in the wet. 

Reliable four door family sensible wagon but simultaneously epic sounding v8 muscle car.

I can’t think of anything I’d rather have.  Maybe a GSF, but they are rather more expensive and even rarer.

Less Q car though.

• Like 3

Ah, you are local to me are you not @Arth_Vader, in West Hampstead? You told me that you had scoped out my green IS250 before buying the ISF? I have the Michelin CrossClimates all round and very good they are too.

Hi Martin,

I did indeed  - the IS 250 is a great looking car and I used to go down your road on purpose to get a peek at yours before I pulled the trigger on the F.

I moved out of London a few months ago  - now we save on insurance and also mr Khans wonderfully good value parking permits - what are they now - £500?

Btw good choice on the CCs 🙂

Camden parking permits now I think £360 for my car. Though I have to say, it's the cheapest real estate you can rent anywhere in inner London. Over to the east of town there's a grassroots movement to convert parking bays into 'parklets', in which my friend and cycling buddy Brenda is a leading light, and I cannot disagree with her. Where did you move out to, may I ask?

On 8/9/2021 at 10:57 PM, MartinH said:

Camden parking permits now I think £360 for my car. Though I have to say, it's the cheapest real estate you can rent anywhere in inner London. Over to the east of town there's a grassroots movement to convert parking bays into 'parklets', in which my friend and cycling buddy Brenda is a leading light, and I cannot disagree with her. Where did you move out to, may I ask?

Harpenden - between Luton and St Albans.  Our insurance has gone down from £1400 a year to £400 and a parking permit would have been £270 for six months.  (Over 225g co2)