Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

The time has come to sell my ageing but still reliable is250 and buy my first hybrid.  All research done, I'm now in the market for an RX 450h in Mesa Red with a cream/ivory interior.  Budget around GBP 20k.  If you come across anything like this, I'd be grateful if you would message me.

Many thanks

Mike

43 minutes ago, Brechin Slate said:

Hi all

The time has come to sell my ageing but still reliable is250 and buy my first hybrid.  All research done, I'm now in the market for an RX 450h in Mesa Red with a cream/ivory interior.  Budget around GBP 20k.  If you come across anything like this, I'd be grateful if you would message me.

Many thanks

Mike

I can’t help you but colour, if you find one, would be a great combo with Mesa Red and cream interior.  I went for Sonic Titanium with cream but red / cream was a very close second.  It was probably the fact the wife has a red car that stopped me getting the Mesa Red.

I think you would do well to get a 4th Gen RX450h except pehaps one with high miles for 20K.  These are available in Mesa Red as were some of the much older ones.  However, when I looked for my 3rd Generation model the only red ones I could find for sale in red was a darker red which I would say was nearer maroon.  Makes me wonder if Mesa was dropped for the 3rd generation.

Mesa outside with cream inside is a great combination.  Hope your quest is successful.

Yes, I too think you'd do well to get a 4RX for £20k.  When I bought my 3RX (nearly 4 years ago now) I was very taken by the burgundy colour.  I'd have preferred a cream interior instead of the black I have, but the car ticked all of the other purchasing criteria boxes for me.  Can't have everything I guess.  Good luck with your search.

DSCF0718.JPG

• Like 1

To get the right colour combination and spec, plus all the other variables, you may have to be patient! I find once I have made up my mind to buy something, my patience evaporates but I do enjoy the chase!

Good luck with your search!

Like Steve, I ended up with a burgundy coloured 3RX (actually it's code 3S0, Garnet Red) with the black interior which is very smart, if somewhat dark.  I don't think there was another red colour for the 3RX anyway.  My SC is Mesa Red (paint code 3R1) and they are very different colours.  

IMG_20200711_132742.jpg

Thanks so much for your help and comments so far guys.  Management has chosen the colour so I can't move on that but it seems I may have to up the budget a bit.  I had no idea that the Mesa Red colour had been skipped for one generation, thanks for that info too.  The search goes on..

• Like 1

I take it management is the other half? lol.

FWIW I agree with the other guys who like the fancy named maroon one,  a restrained colour that suits the 3rd Gen. The more stand out Mesa is more suited to the more radical 4th Gen in my eyes so yeah, I  think you will have to dig deeper if you want the Mesa 4th Gen or wait until they depreciate further.  This may happen more quickly when they bring out the lighter and superior platformed RX but I don't know when that will be.

• Like 1

Impatience has got the better of me!  Struggling to find the colour and trim at the right price point in a RX 450h so sticking with the is range and test driving a 300h on Thursday.  Not viewing it as 2nd best as I was on a knife edge between the 2 but I can get the colour, trim, mileage and price and still be in a high quality Lexus.  Very much appreciate all the help and advice 👊

• Like 2

Hi Mike,

I've also seen these two below while scouring the internet, but they may be a little too high for your budget:

https://www.eliteventure.co.uk/used-lexus-rx-leicester-leicestershire-3124165

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010275474667

2 hours ago, mikey2001 said:

Hi Mike,

I've also seen these two below while scouring the internet, but they may be a little too high for your budget:

I love the interior colours of those two but don't like the Mesa red, far too brash and too much like the red of other marques. The maroon mentioned and seen above is a much more appropriate colour for the RX, much more stylish and classy. Of course, that's just my personal opinion if I was in the market to buy, but each to their own; it'd be a weird world if we all liked the same thing.

25 minutes ago, Herbie said:

I love the interior colours of those two but don't like the Mesa red, far too brash and too much like the red of other marques. The maroon mentioned and seen above is a much more appropriate colour for the RX, much more stylish and class. Of course, that's just my personal opinion if I was in the market to buy, but each to their own; it'd be a weird world if we all liked the same thing.

If everyone was sensible and logical, then every car driving around would be a Lexus!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikey2001 said:

Hi Mike,

Hi Mikey

Thanks, seen both of those and made an enquiry about the one in Leicester.  Could meet them half way so we'll see how it goes...

• Like 1

I must say it's tempting to opt for the 4th gen when you see  pics like this of good low mileage cars that are selling for around 50% of original price but I think you need to be the sort of driver that is going to put a lot of miles on to do this.   It would be interesting to know how the take up of all electic cars is going to affect prices even discounting the new RX when this is released.  Heart says one thing while head says hold on to what you have and then consider the all electric models and the charging infra structure in say 4 or 5 years time. It said on TV today that the take up of all electric cars had doubled this year. Might this cause ICE engines, even hybrids to depreciate more quickly?

19 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

If everyone was sensible and logical, then every car driving around would be a Lexus!

The trouble is Davey that the words sensible and logical mean different things to different people.

I feel that you, Herbie,Piers, Roger and I certainly share the same understanding as do probably many other Members.

Linas does to in his heart of hearts, but he can sometimes live in the outer regions and our friend Gang seems to dwell amongst the other Gods on Olympus. :):)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 8:06 PM, Brechin Slate said:

Hi all

Many thanks

Mike

Is this colour close enough for you?

A bit above your budget though .. unless its really tempting.

Red 2017 RX450h

Edited by flookyk
Whoops, forgot to include the link

13 hours ago, flookyk said:

Is this colour close enough for you?

A bit above your budget though .. unless its really tempting.

Red 2017 RX450h

Beautiful car but the money burned a hole in my pocket and I went for a 2017, 14k miles, Mesa Red is 300h Premier.  I'm not one bit disappointed though!

• Like 4

On 12/10/2020 at 9:53 AM, Brechin Slate said:

Beautiful car but the money burned a hole in my pocket and I went for a 2017, 14k miles, Mesa Red is 300h Premier.  I'm not one bit disappointed though!

Good choice please post some pictures 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2020 at 8:39 PM, olliesgrandad said:

Good choice please post some pictures 

I gave it a wipe over with a damp rag this morning, the paintwork looks ok in the pics but there are a couple of guano stains on the roof and it needs claying on the bonnet and boot.  A few stone chips too but to be expected on a 3 year old car albeit low mileage.

20201217_105914.jpg

20201217_120657.jpg

20201217_120715.jpg

20201217_120739.jpg

20201217_120805.jpg

• Like 3