Herbie

Query about Gold Membership Discounts

Recommended Posts

@steve2006 @ColinBarber @Bluesman

When Lexus Preston opened last year I called in to have a quick word with the manager to see if he would mind someone from the club making contact to discuss the membership discount scheme.

He seemed quite amenable to the idea, so I thanked him and posted his details 'FAO any Admins' and asking if someone could set the wheels in motion.

Having looked in the Dealer Discount Area I see that Lexus Preston is not listed, so did anyone ever follow this up or did he change his mind in the end?

The Centre Principal is Mr. James Hughes, but I've since lost his business card with his direct number on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing it certainly is  Herbie.

And none of the three has responded to my request concerning the existence or otherwise of a Members Register !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will get on to this pronto guys. The 3 mods are not responsible for the discount or membership, so I will make sure it gets sorted.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herbie Thank you for the lead, we have previously contacted Lexus Preston but we are not always able to get a response from the person responsible for offering the discount.
I have contacted James directly and hope he gets back soon, although with lockdown, etc this may take some time understandably.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lexus Owners Club said:

Herbie Thank you for the lead, we have previously contacted Lexus Preston but we are not always able to get a response from the person responsible for offering the discount.
I have contacted James directly and hope he gets back soon, although with lockdown, etc this may take some time understandably.

 

Any news on the availability or otherwise on a Register of Members Steve? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Lexus Owners Club said:

Herbie Thank you for the lead, we have previously contacted Lexus Preston but we are not always able to get a response from the person responsible for offering the discount.
I have contacted James directly and hope he gets back soon, although with lockdown, etc this may take some time understandably.

Thanks very much Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was it a register where you can see what owners and their cars are in a particular area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Steve said:

was it a register where you can see what owners and their cars are in a particular area?

Not particularly Steve. I was enquiring about the possible existence of a Register of some kind,perhaps in Alphabetical Order that Members could refer to communicate with each other. I was wanting to contact someone who does not appear to post anymore and whilst I could remember his Christian name I could not remember his surname. The information which each of us have within our respective profiles is what I imagine it would contain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Not particularly Steve. I was enquiring about the possible existence of a Register of some kind,perhaps in Alphabetical Order that Members could refer to communicate with each other. I was wanting to contact someone who does not appear to post anymore and whilst I could remember his Christian name I could not remember his surname. The information which each of us have within our respective profiles is what I imagine it would contain.

When it comes to surnames we are not allowed to disclose this without permission. This is set by the GDPR legislation. Anyting that leads to an identity od someone is something we cannot display (only internally used for security and mail) This includes Surnames, IP addresses, postal addresses, postcodes and phone numbers. Basically first name and car make and model is the only data we can give about the user.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steve said:

When it comes to surnames we are not allowed to disclose this without permission. This is set by the GDPR legislation. Anyting that leads to an identity od someone is something we cannot display (only internally used for security and mail) This includes Surnames, IP addresses, postal addresses, postcodes and phone numbers. Basically first name and car make and model is the only data we can give about the user.

 

I can appreciate all of that Steve in the context of the current legislation.

Can you arrange for deletion of my Skype address from my Profile please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorted mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steve said:

Sorted mate

Many thanks Steve.

Is it possible for someone to turn their attention to the insertion of numbering the sequential insertion of Postings within each thread.It would be really useful to be able to refer to a previous posting by reference to its Posting Number ?

eg, "as Linas said in Post Numbered 456" !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did try adding this back in but it kept dissapearing after a few days very odd.

Anyway, we are having a major forum update this side of xmas, so we will wait for that to happen before adding post numbers in.

Will also include a Mobile App which will come after.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Steve said:

We did try adding this back in but it kept dissapearing after a few days very odd.

Anyway, we are having a major forum update this side of xmas, so we will wait for that to happen before adding post numbers in.

Will also include a Mobile App which will come after.

 

Thank you Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.