Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Take a look at these battery numbers

d9019c48eb59c941b1704e43b587fa0c.jpg

Whist dealing with a pain in the backside seat belt alarm today I decided to have a look at the Battery pack voltages.

This snapshot was taken when there 3 bars showing on the Battery display, am I right in think that the closeness in voltages across the Battery packs would indicate a healthy HV Battery?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

I right in think that the closeness in voltages across the battery packs would indicate a healthy HV battery

Roughly speaking thats my understanding too. 

Jason, What are you dong with the seat belt alarm?

Turning it off, the wiring has gone funny and it triggers itself randomly. Techstream allows me to switch the alarm off fortunately until I can get a new one

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, ganzoom said:

the difference between highest and lowest voltage modules is less than 0.006 volts!

The difference between the two systems is that the Tesla monitors single cell voltage that for lithium is 3.8 volts nominal depending on level of charge.
The Lexus system measures measures the voltage of 12 cells in series "2 blocks of 6" with a nominal voltage of 1.2 volts per cell or 14.4 volts nominal for the 12 cells. This means any voltage difference must be divided by 12 to give an indication of individual cell voltages
The Lexus has no balancing mechanism to keep the voltages even while the Tesla does.

Off load voltage alone does not give a reliable indication of condition. Internal resistance, and on load voltage drop is a more reliable measurement of condition.

John.

I do a regular journey every day and I’ve noticed that the Battery cycles from full Battery to less than 2 bars far quicker that it has ever done. It does charge back to 8 bars but it does take a little while.

The 12v appears to be holding voltage well however it’s the original and is now about 6 years old. The hybrid fan is clear.

I’ve been looking at buying a Battery conditioner, I remember from my Prius days there was a company in America called prolong who sell kits, however they don’t see to ship to the uk. Does anyone know if there is a uk equivalent?

I purchased one of these Jason. Not too sure if it's the sort of thing that you are looking for but might just be worth a look.
MXS 5.0 UK CTEK Consumer

Thanks for the suggestion, I think that’s more for a 12v Battery, the ones I’m looking for are for the hybrid Battery. Some of the more advanced ones will do a drain down as well as recharge in order to condition the Battery more efficiently

I wonder what view insurance companies would have of people turning off manufacturer standard systems and warnings? Possibly undetectable though. Well apart from telling the internet you’ve done it I suppose! 😀

I wonder what view insurance companies would have of people turning off manufacturer standard systems and warnings? Possibly undetectable though. Well apart from telling the internet you’ve done it I suppose! [emoji3]

If it were so important then I can’t see Toyota/Lexus having as a removable alarm,

It’s the rear seat alarm, the facility is there in techstream.
Had I gone into the dealer and asked them they would have turned it off for me, at a financial cost.

If I were disabling airbags, seatbelt pretensioners or abs units then yes, insurance companies would have the right to take a dim view.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links