Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No sound and volume control on multimedia and steering wheel not working.

Hi,

I have a Lexus IS300H, with the premium nav system. It is a 2014 model. My issue is since couple  days no sound comes out of my system and I can’t control the volume with the dial or control on the steering wheel. If I do a rest of the system it comes on for 30 secs and goes off again. All other buttons works and control for even changing source.  I know it’s not the amplifier as you would still have control of the volume, this seems like a software issue.

I think I am on an old software please can someone let me know if they have had this issue I don’t really want to take it to Lexus for diagnosis of £190 per hour. 

I have attached pics of the software version please can you let me know if this is an old version.

B036EA52-B96D-46CF-A2BF-107056A46EEF.jpeg

Yes I tried that it works for a minute and then does the same. Strange but I think the software version is corrupt or needs updating, not sure if I’m on the latest software version for my car.

Firmware is updated with the maps, but maps cost a few quid, and if you don't use the maps, then why update?

A little while ago, someone came up with a solution here. They extracted the firmware from a recent set of maps. Your firmware is rather old.

See here for the update: https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/108014-new-firmware-may-2016/?do=findComment&comment=1048030

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mohsinb said:

I then get the below program loading error. And wants to restart process done this 3 times no joy. Usb is fat3w with only those 2 files.

Any ideas ? 

AEDC5808-7A5F-4A67-97FD-DBA9F9198DA5.jpeg

Try a different USB stick. The formatting is right, but some just don't play ball. The car is very particular it would seem.