Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just bought a lexus.

Kevin reid

Hi every body, just got myself a 2006 gs300, it's the basic model with no leather seats and heated seats, and the base stereo. But it has only done 30k and its lovely. This is not my first lexus. My love affair began when about 12 years ago I bought a 1997 mark one gs sport version. 2000 pounds with 68000 on the clock. It never broke down and the engine was sweet. Quite frankly it was bullet proof. That was until a local garage drove it of a ramp into another car at full pelt. Sad day, very sad. I don't use that garage any more. I still mourn the loss of that car. I got this new one(fourteen years old and barely a blemish on it) and couldn't be happier. Hope to have this one for many years. I don't but these cars for the power, tho they are nippy. My aim is to be comfortable. And comfy it is. I don't know what else to say except I always feel happy and a little bit special when I am in my lexus. 

IMG-20201006-WA0000.jpg

DSC_0184.JPG

• Like 4

Thanks, not a day goes by without me thinking about that car. As to the new one, I know its the base spec but it is really nice, I'd have loved a sel or se, but the price and the mileage on the new one were good. And the interior is showroom clean. So I had to buy it. You drive a 350h? I bet that is lovely, they were a bit above my budget. 

• Like 1

I think you've done very well to find one with such low miles! Do you have any photos of the interior? I've never seen a GS without leather seats so quite curious.

Yes, mine is a 450h SE-L that I've had since 2014. It has it's quirks, but overall a nice car  🙂

Compared to yours though it has done 138k miles and the headlights have a lovely yellow tinge on them lol

Hi Kevin and a warm welcome to L.O.C.

A beautiful GS you have there it looks like an early Gen 3 model-you most be both pleased and very proud..

Don`t be too concerned about the spec as what you aint got does not have to be replaced.

We have friends in Dirleton, so might see you driving around !

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.  Perhaps you can help me.  Is the drinks holder next to the drive selector, supposed to have a little insert to keep the cups steady as I don't seem to have one.  And is there a good place to find parts? Thanks guys

Just now, Kevin reid said:

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.  Perhaps you can help me.  Is the drinks holder next to the drive selector, supposed to have a little insert to keep the cups steady as I don't seem to have one.  And is there a good place to find parts? Thanks guys

Sorry Kev, I can`t help you as I never ever have liquids anywhere near that place.

16 minutes ago, Kevin reid said:

I do remember bottles etc wobbling around in my GS cup holder so maybe they didn't have an insert.

11 hours ago, Kevin reid said:

6 hours ago, TigerFish said:

There should be like an insert bar halfway inside (to basically form two circular cut-outs), not just a rectangular hole.

Yup, what @TigerFish said, there should be a divider piece that goes in the middle to form two circular cut-outs.

This, basically:

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-gs/lexus-gs-phase-iii-2005-2012/lexus-gs-3-exterior-interior/lexus-gs-phase-3-cup-holder-divider/