Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Taking the plunge

The time has come to say goodbye to my ultra reliable is250 and say hello to a 2017 (facelift) 300h Premier.

Test drive is Thursday morning, Lexus main dealer, what do I need to look out for guys? Any specific questions I should ask before the haggling starts?

Mike

Hi Mike

1) i would give the tyres a good look over as the car is 3 / 4 years old and the tyres maybe nearing their end of life 

2) ask for them to install the latest nav update as its expensive to have the update installed later on.

3) i always ask for a paint touch up stick in case i get any stone chips especially with gritters being present over the winter months

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brechin Slate said:

The time has come to say goodbye to my ultra reliable is250 and say hello to a 2017 (facelift) 300h Premier.

Test drive is Thursday morning, Lexus main dealer, what do I need to look out for guys? Any specific questions I should ask before the haggling starts?

Mike

Make sure you take the IS250 for a damn good thrashing if you do buy the IS300 as you will miss that V6 howl....

2 hours ago, 200h said:

Hi Mike

1) i would give the tyres a good look over as the car is 3 / 4 years old and the tyres maybe nearing their end of life 

2) ask for them to install the latest nav update as its expensive to have the update installed later on.

3) i always ask for a paint touch up stick in case i get any stone chips especially with gritters being present over the winter months

Very helpful, thanks 👍

Grrr, no test drive now til Boris gives the thumbs up so likely to be Dec 3rd.  Is there a level of impatience above waiting for a new car?  At least I've got a bit of time to tart up the is250 so the next owner sees his/her new Lexus in the best light 🙂

Check what services have been carried out. Has it missed any services or have any services been done late (after the mileage or time limit). Ask to see a print out bod what’s on the Lexus portal to see what other work has been carried out.

Make sure there are no creaks and cracks coming from the centre console area, anywhere! I've had a nightmare with this. You need to quite aggressively move the centre console from side to side, especially the area where the silver trim meets the leather knee pads.

Also check the service history, make sure no accidents, but biggest issue to look for will be creaks, cracks and rattles, the IS is plagued with this

On 11/22/2020 at 2:00 PM, Brechin Slate said:

Grrr, no test drive now til Boris gives the thumbs up so likely to be Dec 3rd.  Is there a level of impatience above waiting for a new car?  At least I've got a bit of time to tart up the is250 so the next owner sees his/her new Lexus in the best light 🙂

Son is looking for an IS250.....he wanted mine as I was looking for a RX450h which will have to wait a bit.