Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

70 plate IS300h

Just seen a 70 plate IS 300 h in my local Sainsbury’s car park . Must be one of the last few to be sold in Uk , how sad , especially when the new Is model looks fantastic and is only available in other markets like USA . 

• Sad 1

i think the IS is a good looking car and i've had quite a few comment when i had my last IS

regarding this its a shame it wont be being sold in the uk anymore

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shada said:

Will be hard decision for what to get to replace the is

I am looking at the UX , but .... it is lacking in equipment unless you go for the top Takumi and the rear luggage space is really quite small , for a hatchback. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shada said:

Will be hard decision for what to get to replace the is

i totally agree with you shada ,

i'm not a fan of any Suv's style of vehicle and in the lexus line up the

only one i like is the Rx which is out of my spending price bracket

and as far a EV's go i dont like them, even if you could have an IS as an Ev

i wouldnt have one

I'm not an suv person full stop. Personally don't see the attraction, small on the inside large on the outside expensive to buy expensive to maintain and expensive to run. Too big to fit in parking spaces and no benefits over a saloon car whatsoever. 

Next car will be a mid size 4 door car with comfort and reliability, to replace the mid size 4 door comfortable relay able IS  we have, and if lexus doesn't offer a replacement its gonna be back to the hard decisions

If lexus offered an is as an eV I'd concider it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 10:49 PM, Shada said:

I'm not an suv person full stop. Personally don't see the attraction, small on the inside large on the outside expensive to buy expensive to maintain and expensive to run. Too big to fit in parking spaces and no benefits over a saloon car whatsoever. 

Until you have a bad back.  May happen to you one day. 😉

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

Until you have a bad back.  May happen to you one day. 😉

Sounds like an excuse. I appreciate getting into small sports cars could be an issue, but in average car like IS or GS... is it really that much of an issue? 

Or you saying it from perspective of general comfort - i.e. SUVs simply being more floaty / "comfortable" on our ever increasingly terrible roads compared to other cars?

4 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Sounds like an excuse. I appreciate getting into small sports cars could be an issue, but in average car like IS or GS... is it really that much of an issue? 

Or you saying it from perspective of general comfort - i.e. SUVs simply being more floaty / "comfortable" on our ever increasingly terrible roads compared to other cars?

How dare you, you opinionated twunt.  I owned two ISs prior to my RX so I know the limitations of getting in and out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

How dare you, you opinionated twunt.  I owned two ISs prior to my RX so I know the limitations of getting in and out.

It seems like you treating the symptoms not the cause, but happy to report that at least I don't have bad back so will never know... still sounds like excuse... 

3 hours ago, Shada said:

Wasn't aware suv's had the capability to repair spinal issues

Flippant and disrespectful.  This place has gone downhill, that's why I don't frequent as often as I used to.  There are notable absentees from the past who probably feel similarly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

If I knew where you lived, you'd have a bad back too, maybe more !

Careful there - I can clearly see you having bad day, but you need to stop venting it out here.

First of all, I am not sure what was so offensive about my post - jokingly saying that one may use an excuse to own SUV? is that end of the world? Sounds to me like you need to relax or grow-up (mentally). This is internet - if you going to be offended about things like that every time it will take you nowhere. Beside LOC is the best behaved and most friendly forum I have ever seen - there are more bickering and offensive post of woodturning forum or mumsnet.

Nobody is going out of their way here to personally offend you - so just get your pills, book physio tomorrow and go get some sleep!

There are many reasons to choose an SUV or a saloon. Largely it comes down to circumstances and preference and that’s what I’m reading here.

I used to drive saloons, indeed I had a 2012 Accord that I loved. I still have a MINI Cooper in the garage that I’ve had from new and can’t really drive any more but can’t bring myself to sell it. However, I was born with a disability that now - following multiple surgeries - limits my mobility and will continue to do so as I get older. Simply put, getting in and out of a lower vehicle is very problematic, so I find myself in an SUV. And I like it. My name is Ed and I drive an SUV. There, I’ve said it...

However, even if I wasn’t in that situation, where I live now in (very) rural Wiltshire a RWD vehicle would be a brave choice. With Winter tyres it would be possible I guess, but not really sensible. The newer crop of AWD saloons from BMW / Audi are a good option, but they don’t provide the extra height to see further on single track lanes which I find is very useful. I can’t think of anybody in the village where I live who doesn’t drive either an SUV, a people carrier or an older small FWD hatchback. I had a GS for a few weeks a couple of Winters ago and it was a nightmare - lovely car just not suited - so Lexus gave me an RX instead. Ironically that was a bit too wide for some of the lanes around here...

Anyway, bottom line is that there isn’t any reason to get emotional or personal about vehicle choice. People make their choice for all sorts of reasons and tbh the saloon vs SUV debate on internet forums is like the German vs Japanese car debate and so many others. It’s all just a bit of fun.

• Like 4

On 11/22/2020 at 10:49 PM, Shada said:

I have to disagree with this. We have two young kids and use a 3RX and a 4GS as family cars.  The GS replaced our 2IS. Whilst the GS has more boot capacity in litres over the RX, the RX is much more practical as the space is more accessible and useable. It also has the benefit of folding seats. 
The RX has cost no more to maintain than our IS over our 6 years of ownership, it does better MPG and also in pretty sure it’s faster in everyday use than the majority of the current Lexus line up. We also had no issues with parking. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

There are many reasons to choose an SUV or a saloon. Largely it comes down to circumstances and preference and that’s what I’m reading here.

I used to drive saloons, indeed I had a 2012 Accord that I loved. I still have a MINI Cooper in the garage that I’ve had from new and can’t really drive any more but can’t bring myself to sell it. However, I was born with a disability that now - following multiple surgeries - limits my mobility and will continue to do so as I get older. Simply put, getting in and out of a lower vehicle is very problematic, so I find myself in an SUV. And I like it. My name is Ed and I drive an SUV. There, I’ve said it...

However, even if I wasn’t in that situation, where I live now in (very) rural Wiltshire a RWD vehicle would be a brave choice. With Winter tyres it would be possible I guess, but not really sensible. The newer crop of AWD saloons from BMW / Audi are a good option, but they don’t provide the extra height to see further on single track lanes which I find is very useful. I can’t think of anybody in the village where I live who doesn’t drive either an SUV, a people carrier or an older small FWD hatchback. I had a GS for a few weeks a couple of Winters ago and it was a nightmare - lovely car just not suited - so Lexus gave me an RX instead. Ironically that was a bit too wide for some of the lanes around here...

Anyway, bottom line is that there isn’t any reason to get emotional or personal about vehicle choice. People make their choice for all sorts of reasons and tbh the saloon vs SUV debate on internet forums is like the German vs Japanese car debate and so many others. It’s all just a bit of fun.

A great and most appropriate post Ed.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, F.A. said:

I have to disagree with this. We have two young kids and use a 3RX and a 4GS as family cars.  The GS replaced our 2IS. Whilst the GS has more boot capacity in litres over the RX, the RX is much more practical as the space is more accessible and useable. It also has the benefit of folding seats. 
The RX has cost no more to maintain than our IS over our 6 years of ownership, it does better MPG and also in pretty sure it’s faster in everyday use than the majority of the current Lexus line up. We also had no issues with parking. 

You are so right F.A. It`s horses for courses and we all seem to forget that beauty and requirements lie in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 2