Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jump starter for IS300h

Hi fellow members I need a little help please.

I am getting old now 74 in three weeks and have had prostate cancer for 5 years. During this period I have driven a lot less. I have had an,  "ANNKE JUMP STARTER," for 4 Years. I have used it 3 times now it has packed up and i need to replace it.

It was 7.5 * 14.5 * 1.5 cm in size, handy for storage and use. I have checked amazon and it no longer seems to exist, however lots of other types do now, unlike 4 years ago they seem the size of house bricks.

I am after a slim job again a little bigger than a normal phone, it is just to use as a jump starter for my 300h when required. I am sure sure members have these, are there any suggestions as to what to purchase please ?

Its cost is not a problem as long as it works. Many thanks for any help.

MICHAEL.

Consider that jump starting a hybrid does not need high currents, as the only  purpose is to give a 12V power if Battery is discharged to make ECUs work (just some A) while  power for  starting engine is given by HV Battery, so you can choose the tiniest jump starter, ore even a simple 12V AGM Battery of 5Ah ( even less).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 200h said:

i have used a 12v battery backup from a house alarm control panel before today

What's the steps for starting a car this way?

Connect positive to positive? Or negative first?

How do you keep your 12v alarm Battery topped up? Can they be charged with standard car trickle chargers?

On 11/26/2020 at 2:09 PM, zippyone said:

Hi all,

I would like to thank you all for assisting me with the battery jump starter. I now have one on order it should arrive in early December.

Best wishes.

MICHAEL.. 

Good luck with the other thing too! All the best.

• Like 1