Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I feel sorry for this 250 actually, it was rescued via Cat C and then given this overcoat! Poor thing!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011166171717?search-target=usedcars&advertising-location=at_cars&maximum-mileage=80000&postcode=bs166lf&body-type=Saloon&saved-search-id=2c929b6a5aff873b015b0f434dd70096&sort=datedesc&searchcontext=savedsearchlink&transmission=Automatic&model=IS 250&page=1&aggregatedTrim=SE-L&radius=1500&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=Used

Got a near perfect MOT history ( and Moonroof) so was worth saving but....wow what a choice in the paint shop!, looks like it might have been a rear end job cause the bumper reflectors are absent!

Discuss..........

Really.....if they had done the ‘door shuts’ and made a better job it might go down a bit better but opening the door every time would do my head in!

That car has been wrapped not painted. Wrapping is getting popular but even with today's technology wrapping only lasts about 5 years. Looking at that car the finish looks unkept and I reckon its a couple years old or more. Yeah if the colour covered the shuts then maybe its worth a look but its not my bag. I know what you mean Texas. Every time opening especially the rear door would drive me nuts lol.

Looks like its been modded a bit, front and rear bumper not standard for year / lowered / bigger wheels / boot spoiler and DRL's on front lights  ...... ones with sunroofs (moonroofs as they call them) are really hard to find.

• Like 1

I am pretty confident it is wrap, that is why they not done the door shuts. Either way - somebody made rice rocket out of it and now expects top money for C Cat car. I would say if it would be listed for £850 I would consider it 🙂 but even then risky, nobody knows what is under that nasty wrap. 

Original paint was the best colour as well dark-blue.  

47 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Yeah those headlights were a great find to those who fitted them. I've been looking since I got mine to no avail. 

First link when I google "Lexus IS250 Headlights":

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123365355261?var=0

Maybe not exactly the same, but you get the point - they are plentiful on ebay/alibaba/aliexpress.

Yeah I've seen quite a few of those aftermarket headlights but I don't like any of them. Original ones of a 10 or 11 plate 2nd gen is250 which a number of them have the built-in drl's. Thanks for the link anyway. 

Yes but the car in question has aftermarket lights, not the original Lexus FL ones with DLR's. Hence I was little bit surprised you struggled to find them... and yes I agree it is nearly impossible to find OE Lexus FL lights for sale, the only option is to pay like £1600 per unit from Lexus itself.