Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is this Lexus service or is this LEXUS SERVICE ?

Just received a phone call from Lexus Chester.

Sorry to bother you Roy but four years ago we fitted a new set of Khumo All Season tyres to your GS and we offered to retain your existing set and refit them for you in the Summer.

We now need to relocate them to accommodate some alterations and need your permission to..........

Now, Members what do you think about that then for service?

A Dealer keeping his word and still retaining the bond which has existed since I bought the car from them in 2013.

Lexus Chester is not part of a large Regional or National Group although it does have franchises for Mazda and Skoda too.

Its Staff Turnover is and has been, low. Must be doing something right then?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

They are a bit far away for me, but I well remember an exuberant evening back in 2004. Mark Mitchell (head honcho at Mitchell Group) invited me to the grand opening of the Mazda franchise at Cheshire Oaks as I was the Coordinator of the local MX-5 Owners Club area at the time. I've seen quite a fewer recommendations and spoken to many satisfied customers for cars and service since, both for Lexus and Mazda. They must be doing something right!.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, johnatg said:

They are a bit far away for me, but I well remember an exuberant evening back in 2004. Mark Mitchell (head honcho at Mitchell Group) invited me to the grand opening of the Mazda franchise at Cheshire Oaks as I was the Coordinator of the local MX-5 Owners Club area at the time. I've seen quite a fewer recommendations and spoken to many satisfied customers for cars and service since, both for Lexus and Mazda. They must be doing something right!.

In normal times.....

each Saturday morning is a free car wash, along with coffee/tea/cakes and biscuits

and if you wait while the Mazda or Skoda is being serviced, then Bacon Butties are served at 9.30 am !

But not to be relayed to owners of Audi, BMW,Mercedes, Vauxhall, Ford, ETC,ETC.

I have a friend who has an Octavia he bought from Mitchells Skoda and he spoke very highly of the service he received there, and for subsequent trips for servicing. Skoda Stockport (part of Lookers I believe) were terrible apparently.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 200h said:

here is a video of my old IS300h after mitchells worked on it

and they wondered why i wasnt happy with their workmanship

Not something I would have expected,or accepted Mark.

What was the problem you referred to them and what was the final outcome?

If you can recall the name of the person with whom you were dissatisfied--then PM it to me please?

i can certainly recall the smug buggers name his initials are PS he was in service in the main showroom

they also scratched the body of the car and left 50% of the screws out of the centre console and i found

loose panel trim clips behind the carpet.

the final outcome was for me to NEVER ask them to look at my car

NOW thats what i call customer service 2017 get it from all crap dealerships

under warranty the ventillation unit needed to be changed

after asking when my car would be coming in for the repair

i became bored after 4 weeks of no date , so i spoke to the parts

department and what a surprise NOTHING had been ordered

in the next few days i had a call with a date.

trim clip missing.jpg

Thanks Mark.That was appalling service indeed. 

DId they eventually fix the job to your satisfaction under warranty? Did you make a formal complaint of any kind?

I understand that the employee whose initials you provided has moved on to pastures new, but I do not know if he was encouraged to do so. When I had words with him about tyres,he happened to tell me that he had come from a BMW Dealership.

I find that last point interesting.

• Like 1