Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

lexus CT200 SatNav Updates

rpstent

do you have the premium nav or the standard nav

the standard nav will have a dial control

if yours is premium you should have an micro sd card

and can purchase one online .

Thanks Henry, they couldn't help either.

I now have found a local Dealership who is going to upgrade my Satnav for me at a cost of £180:00

At least I will know it's going to be installed correctly etc at a reasonable price, as it is nine years old 

All the best to you all and a Happy Xmas

• Like 1

Lol 😆 like Stompe said it will at least be 12 to 18 months out of date so to speak,Ray yours is a hard drive (Grace note) same as mine and is sadly dealer only update 😔

Grace note is NOT related to maps or HDD, it is a audio files database, and usually may be updated with maps updates also (without info about it to user).

Besides, there may be a SOFTWARE update for navigation system but only for those ones with USB , and i suspect that your CT, Ray, has not.

Anyway, you can verify this on  site:  Lexus Downloads  (multimedia system updates).

If you need maps update on your HD it has to be done by an autorized dealer and it's rather expensive (better using a navigation app on a android device for free).

On 11/25/2020 at 7:27 PM, rpstent said:

I now have found a local Dealership who is going to upgrade my Satnav for me at a cost of £180:00

At least I will know it's going to be installed correctly etc at a reasonable price, as it is nine years old 

I have a 2012 CT and did consider updating the maps but came to the conclusion that it simply is not worth the cost.

My opinion (for what it's worth) would be to save your money and use Google Maps / Waze with your phone.

I ended up buying a phone case from amazon that came with a magnetic disc. This clips into the heater vent. Phone rests comfortably due to the shape of dashboard in the CT. The magnetic disc is jet black so you dont really notice it. Looks pretty good with the phone in place as it sits centrally on the dash. All in cost less than £10. It's a neat solution.

We all shouldn't have to rely on alternative items and various sources to replace something that should be maintained and updated by a company such as Lexus.

It is a main part of the vehicle and should be maintained with a very small update cost, not these silly prices for something you have already paid for.

I have already got a phone holder etc that I use for my Iphone, so I am aware of the various other methods to use.

Maybe it's time that companies such as Lexus stop putting satnavs into their vehicles as standard.

If you have an "Extended Warranty" and you took it out prior to the vehicle being Ten years old, they should, in my opinion Honour the Update

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rpstent said:

We all shouldn't have to rely on alternative items and various sources to replace something that should be maintained and updated by a company such as Lexus.

It is a main part of the vehicle and should be maintained with a very small update cost, not these silly prices for something you have already paid for.

I have already got a phone holder etc that I use for my iphone, so I am aware of the various other methods to use.

Maybe it's time that companies such as Lexus stop putting satnavs into their vehicles as standard.

If you have an "Extended Warranty" and you took it out prior to the vehicle being Ten years old, they should, in my opinion Honour the Update

Completely agree, but even if the map was up to date it is still an inferior solution to a modern smartphone.

I really dont understand why they perservere with their rubbish systems in this day and age (not just Toyota, but all mainstream cars VW, Ford etc).

I'd be happy with a decent sized screen with Android Auto or CarPlay compatibility. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought the nav update from Lexus/Toyota service and it did cost a fortune. Stupid me trusted the service agent telling me the that the micro-SD-card does not only have the navigation system in it but also the services made on the car from authorised workshops. Seems this is not the truth so instead of paying several hundreds for a card coming from Japan (according to the service personnel) I could have bought it on eBay for less than 50. Anybody know if the SD-card contain any other data than navigation maps?

6 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Just bought the nav update from Lexus/Toyota service and it did cost a fortune. Stupid me trusted the service agent telling me the that the micro-SD-card does not only have the navigation system in it but also the services made on the car from authorised workshops. Seems this is not the truth so instead of paying several hundreds for a card coming from Japan (according to the service personnel) I could have bought it on eBay for less than 50. Anybody know if the SD-card contain any other data than navigation maps?

Not that I know of. My advice would be don't bother, save your money (or buy a shiny new phone instead) and use Google Maps / Waze.

On 12/23/2020 at 7:45 PM, northernstar said:

Not that I know of. My advice would be don't bother, save your money (or buy a shiny new phone instead) and use Google Maps / Waze.

Have a shiny new phone but the nav in the car is good enough for me. Also have a Garmin with lifelong updates bought 2014, just having something atached Only one more reason to not trust the Lexus service centre.

• 3 years later...
On 11/25/2020 at 7:27 PM, rpstent said:

Hi sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but did you manage to update the SatNav at a local dealership in the end? Do you know what your Map version and ID is now?

On 11/24/2020 at 6:06 PM, Moleman said:

Have a look at this site and enter your information.

https://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

I'm with Moleman on this one, I purchased the map update from www.satnavishop.co.uk, I think it was around £60, downloaded to a memory stick and installed it in the car. It's a big file and takes around 90mins to install to the car, Lexus wanted £250.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 4:01 PM, rpstent said:

Can anyone tel us if there is any recent SatNav updates for our 2012 CT please ?

We are not getting any positive replies from our local dealership  

the last one I think is 2021 and needs to be updated at the dealership

I just ordered a £60 one too from the same site for my non premium nav on a 2017 CT. So far got the files and USB sorted. Waiting for them to email my activation code (hopefully tomorrow).  

quite a major road in NI that just doesn’t exist on older maps that I’m keen to get to make my nav useful. Had it on my 2018 Toyota (2022 map) with the road but when it was closed (only opened a year ago) so it used to have the wrong limit and constantly direct you off it… looking forward to 2023 Maps on the CT 😊

14 hours ago, glynp01 said:

the last one I think is 2021 and needs to be updated at the dealership

I just ordered a 2023-2024 update from that site… so it’ll be 2021 maps?! 😞