Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driver Side Headlight Issue

Hello all,

Really nice forum

Quick question if you don't mind.

I bought a Lexus IS300h in Dublin in late 2018. It is a 2014 car imported from the UK. ITs been a great car.

I've had it serviced a number of times at the Lexus and Toyota main dealer near where I live (twice a year at least). The last time and most recently I said to them that a lot of cars are flashing me at night thinking I have full headlights on when I don't. One of the guys working there said the lights can be dipped further however the other guy said he thought they were fine. I asked them to address this yesterday when I visited for tyres and tracking as they are obviously too bright, particularly the one on the drivers side which I noticed is brighter than the passenger side. Every car coming against me at night is flashing me like crazy and its blinding for them and for me!!

So yesterday they had a look and came out and asked me if it has ever been in a crash, I said no not to my knowledge. I was asked if it had been through the NCT/MOT and I said yes, soon after I first got it and it is due another one in December.

They said there is a problem with the headlight and a new one will cost €800. I declined this and said maybe I will do it later. So they said for now we will dip them a little bit further however they said there is no gaurantee the lights will stay dipped. After doing this I was told a second hand headlight is available for €350. 

Now before I do that I just want to check with everyone if they have ever had a similar issue?

Thank you

064B183A-475A-454E-8F7D-DA7832FD504E.jpg

hi Patrick and welcome to the forum

if your car has projector headlights you'll probably find

the shutter in the headlight isnt working properly

and staying open hence blinding oncoming traffic

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, 200h said:

hi Patrick and welcome to the forum

if your car has projector headlights you'll probably find

the shutter in the headlight isnt working properly

and staying open hence blinding oncoming traffic

Thank you so much for the welcome and replies! Appreciate that.

You reminded me that he did say there was a shutter issue. So will replacing the headlight solve this do you feel?

Also it is a second hand headlight which they said has "a small bit of condensation"

On 11/25/2020 at 12:23 PM, royoftherovers said:

Mark has given good advice S. Did you buy the car from a Dealer in 2018 ? If yes, ask them if there is any evidence of repair.

Thank you, will do

• Like 1