Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High mileage IS300h

Hi guys.

Considering changing my IS250 for a 300h. Budget would be around £10k. Has anyone any views on a 300h around a 13/14 plate with 120k on the clock. Anything to look for or b scared of.

Many thanks.

Issues around that are are brakes, rear calipers seize up, overhaul kits aren’t that dear.

Stone chipped front bumpers , the 300 is a bit bluff fronted and high milers for look a little pebble dashed

I would be looking at doing a gearbox oil change as well, Lexus/Toyota tell you the gearbox is sealed for life, I tend to do an oil change on the gearbox every 60k

120k service will be a set of plugs as well, they’re dear, you see a lot of these cars being punted out at either 60 or 120k as I believe the service from Lexus is about £5-600.

Aside from that general wear and tear, mine has 175,000 on it, the leather is still good and the bodywork look great.

Take it for a drive and see what it’s like, there should be no squeaks or rattles and everything should work, if it has full history that’s backed up but a load of receipts then great, if not I would be sceptical, anyone can get a stamp made up these days and stamp a service history book

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Thanks for info guys. Gives me a bit more to think about. I realise my budget is tight and I didn't really want to go for anything over 100000 miles so maybe have to postpone for a year to build funds. Still love my 08 IS250 auto that has now done 102000 but was attracted by £10 road tax and extra 20+ mpg.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 6:57 PM, Colspur66 said:

Thanks for info guys. Gives me a bit more to think about. I realise my budget is tight and I didn't really want to go for anything over 100000 miles so maybe have to postpone for a year to build funds. Still love my 08 IS250 auto that has now done 102000 but was attracted by £10 road tax and extra 20+ mpg.

The IS250 definitely has plenty more to offer for now 

It’ll take a very long time before those savings offset the cost to change mind 😀

• Like 1

I have had my Is300h for 4 years now (13 plate) the gun metal 'dipped' alloys have taken a beating and are flaked like crazy (i'll get them refurbed in Jan) but at 7 years old, the car is starting to feel its age. 

But, as long as it has been regularly serviced, there is nothing that should be of obvious concern. 

If the car has been serviced regularly by Lexus, you can apply for extended warranty to cover the car until it reaches 150,000 miles. I've certainly enjoyed this added protection. 

I've been lucky with brakes. No issues yet. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've paid for mine £10.5k with 48k miles on the clock... So it is possible. Just be patient. Don't rush into buying it 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Weighing up options looks like I'm sticking with what I have for a bit. MOT due in Feb so if it passes ok then fine, I'm not aware of any problems it still drives well. if I need to spend on it then probably worth holding on to it to get some value out of what I may have to spend on it. No real rush to do anything but I've had it 3 years now and don't usually keep a car that long. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links