Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rock autos part numbers?

I'm looking at a brake master cylinder from Rockautos. My Lexus dealer quotes a part number of 47201-50240, Rockautos list an identical looking part with a part number of 47201 -50230. In the experience of anyone who's imported parts from the USA, are these likely to be the same?

3 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

I think the 240 is for Right Hand Drive and the 230 is for LHD.
Probably not the same as fitted to different side of the car.

You're right I think, the US one is fitted on the opposite side so perhaps not compatible.

You're right, my friendly Sheffield Lexus dealer confirmed this. the 230 is left hand drive. Only one brake pipe affected I think, but access is not easy, not sure if it's worth pursuing. I'm still hoping it's air in the system. I tried it again today and before starting the engine the pedal is firm. On starting the engine the pedal goes down quite a way, when driving it comes back up a bit and brakes just fine. I must sort it out though, it's very disconcerting, I'll be getting the car  over my pit next week and taking a good look.

• 2 months later...

Yes one to be careful of, I bought a couple of hydraulic hoses for the steering pump and then woke up in the morning and thought that's for a left hand drive, went to cancel but Rockauto in their efficiency had already shipped. I always check part no's but didn't that time!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links