Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h tilt alarm?

Hi,

Some “youngers” just decided to tip my poor neighbours Fiesta over onto it’s side into the middle of the street tonight. Car is wrecked. First question, does an IS300h have a tilt sensor on the alarm as factory standard (15 plate)? And anyway, with the 2.5 litre block under the bonnet and big hybrid Battery in the boot, surely you’d need a lot of individuals and muscle to even get close to tipping an IS over right!?

Thanks for answering my rather unusual questions.

Max

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Maxz said:

Hi,

Some “youngers” just decided to tip my poor neighbours Fiesta over onto it’s side into the middle of the street tonight. Car is wrecked. First question, does an IS300h have a tilt sensor on the alarm as factory standard (15 plate)? And anyway, with the 2.5 litre block under the bonnet and big hybrid battery in the boot, surely you’d need a lot of individuals and muscle to even get close to tipping an IS over right!?

Thanks for answering my rather unusual questions.

Max

You sure he didn't wreck it drink driving home and blame the youngsters? 

Reminds me of being at school, one teacher in particular wasn't very well liked. We lifted his nova and placed it inside a walled garden with no way out. He was walking for a while 

10 hours ago, Shada said:

You sure he didn't wreck it drink driving home and blame the youngsters? 

Reminds me of being at school, one teacher in particular wasn't very well liked. We lifted his nova and placed it inside a walled garden with no way out. He was walking for a while 

You should substitute "some pupils" for "we", perhaps Shada ?  :):)

<Thread drift alert>

Talking of jolly school day japes, I recall walking across the car park on my first day at senior school, and seeing "Reserved H/mster" in large letters on the Headmaster's parking space. This sight sowed a seed in my mind which would stay there for a long time. Seven years in fact. On the night of the last A Level exam, I was celebrating with a group of friends at the local hostelry. I mentioned that for years I had wanted to turn the "/" into an "A" and my friends all thought it was a wizard idea. When one of my chums offered to pick up a paintbrush and some white gloss paint on the way, the plan was swiftly formed.

We arrived at school just after last orders, and armed with the necessary equipment, I duly applied the two strokes of paint which I had been itching to add for all that time. As I stood back to admire my handiwork, another chum said "let's borrow the brush" and proceeded to add a "P" in front of the "R" of "Reserved". This was, we all agreed, a stroke, or two strokes to be precise, of genius.

Off we scuttled to our various homes and nothing more was heard until the following Christmas when we met up with a few of our old teachers at the aforementioned hostelry. After several medicinal ales, the tale was recounted as the fear of any retribution was long since gone. One of the teachers was grateful for the explanation as he had wondered why the caretaker was busily scrubbing away at the head's parking space when he arrived the morning after our nocturnal mission. 

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Mr Pitney, or to his memory should he be no longer with us, for the high-jinks of myself and my chums. It was a very long time ago (1986) and I hope all is forgiven now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

James, with a record like yours matey, why should anyone buy a used car from you? :):)

That, is an excellent point John, and you made it very well!

• Like 1