Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who wanted a yellow IS200?

Mincey

11 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Phil.I sit corrected.

The older I get the more I tend to sit for most things!  I'm guessing the seller is playing the rarity card with this, but a buyer for a 17 year old IS may be even rarer!  It does look very good for its year, apart from the driver's seat which looks like too much coffee and nowhere to pee apart from in situ!

3 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

The older I get the more I tend to sit for most things!  I'm guessing the seller is playing the rarity card with this, but a buyer for a 17 year old IS may be even rarer!  It does look very good for its year, apart from the driver's seat which looks like too much coffee and nowhere to pee apart from in situ!

And a manual too !

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

That car looks a bit weird, the Amarillo special edition came with the TTE bodykit and wheels, while that car looks like a standard Sport in yellow (which from what I remember was not a colour you could order).

https://media.lexus.co.uk/2003/03/amarillo-the-yellow-rose-of-lexus/

2 hours ago, Parthiban said:

That car looks a bit weird, the Amarillo special edition came with the TTE bodykit and wheels, while that car looks like a standard Sport in yellow (which from what I remember was not a colour you could order).

https://media.lexus.co.uk/2003/03/amarillo-the-yellow-rose-of-lexus/

So our limited edition car turns out to be fake?!

I am still amazed it sold for over £7000! I am sure it would be rare if it would be real, but this isn't exactly "collectable" car.

55 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I am still amazed it sold for over £7000! I am sure it would be rare if it would be real, but this isn't exactly "collectable" car.

Good question, if it's actually the limited edition model it's somehow lost the body kit and wheels - the yellow was otherwise not a colour available in the UK but not sure if you could special order it.

But in that case even if it was limited edition, then the parts which made it unique are gone. And if it was just painted that colour, or even "special" ordered in that colour is still not limited edition.

Car sales wold is bizarre ... I still cannot believe that somebody would be paying so much money for basically standard 17 years old car only because it has less common colour option.

If that could be repeated with my RC200t - then I should be able to sell it for 70k. Because "rare car". 😁😁😁 

50 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

But in that case even if it was limited edition, then the parts which made it unique are gone. And if it was just painted that colour, or even "special" ordered in that colour is still not limited edition.

Car sales wold is bizarre ... I still cannot believe that somebody would be paying so much money for basically standard 17 years old car only because it has less common colour option.

If that could be repeated with my RC200t - then I should be able to sell it for 70k. Because "rare car". 😁😁😁 

Because in general terms buyers are ignorant and Sellers are crooks my friend. This is where the value of a Forum such as this one, settles. We can advise and assist each other,not because we have something to gain personally, but because we gain  the satisfaction of being able to give freely and respectfully.

• Like 1

That is very true, but I am now contemplating whenever I should find car salesman forum where somebody can advise me how to market your 17 years old Lexus which is otherwise in very low demand for it to sell for £7100 😁

And again - absolutely everyone should do research before buying the car and there is no better place to do it than in the forum. If you haven't done the research then you can only blame yourself for buying the lemon (in quite literal sense in this Lexus case!). Thought, not all forums made equal and when I was trying to do my research on BMW I really struggled. LOC is by far best forum I have witnessed over long time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Astonishing. And at just under 100k miles too. When I saw the winning bid I assumed it was sub 20k.

Some bidding up gone on there I think.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, ridgerkollyn said:

it was made in limited numbers.

It was but there's nothing really special about them. It's a sport with the aero pack painted in yellow. Get a standard sport and wrap it if you want that colour.