Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

tesla very much overpriced!

Spacewagon52

Totally agree David.

2021 could be the year they will be overtaken by the automotive competition pumping out all sorts of EVs. Already in Europe the best selling EV is no longer a Tesla but the brandnew Volkswagen ID3. VAG group alone will have 75 (!) different EVs on the market in 3 years time.  

Market valuation of $80B a year ago and today $500B! Many analysts thought it was overpriced a year ago! A $500B company that can make at most $1B profit per year is an interesting concept for sure. And their market share can only go down as consumers have more choice. When the Tesla romance ends there will be an awful lot of people sat on a load of shares worth considerably less than they paid for them. It is short term gain that is driving the ridiculous share price so my advice would be if you are sat on Tesla shares, sell ‘em and sell ‘em now.

My understanding is that their % share of BEV sales has gone down since mainstream manufacturers have brought out their own cars that compete with Tesla. The cult of Tesla knows no bounds though. Owners think the cars are cool, they happily put up with faults most of would be horrified with, they happily put up with poor build quality and they love their cars. Mainstream manufacturers are and will continue to execute better than Tesla will ever do and that’s what will count in the longer term I think.