Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen clearing

Martin o

I am really pleased with my es300 but having come from a previous car with heated windscreen I am struggling. Es300 has a button to assist front screen clearing but it is useless. There seems to be a weak fan strength at screen. Anybody else having this or any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ford's patent expired some time back.

A number of cars have it now..

Vauxhall Corsa.
Ford Fiesta.
Skoda Superb.
Volvo XC40.
Mini Convertible.
Jaguar I-Pace.
Range Rover Evoque.

My RC clears the screen quite quickly, better than either of my Mercs did. 

If you go into the climate settings and press the three dots, it opens up a screen to turn the heater window element on at the bottom of the screen, this aids by heating up the wipers at the bottom of the screen. I do this and hit the front screen button.

It’s never going to be as quick as my last car with the heated elements in the entire front windscreen, but the heated element does actually help the wipers clear frost off the window a little bit Worth a try! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Ford's patent expired some time back.

A number of cars have it now..

Vauxhall Corsa.
Ford Fiesta.
Skoda Superb.
Volvo XC40.
Mini Convertible.
Jaguar I-Pace.
Range Rover Evoque.

My RC clears the screen quite quickly, better than either of my Mercs did. 

I have a 2005 BMW Mini cooper as a project and that has a heated front screen, so quite an old option.

22 hours ago, Martin o said:

I am really pleased with my es300 but having come from a previous car with heated windscreen I am struggling. Es300 has a button to assist front screen clearing but it is useless. There seems to be a weak fan strength at screen. Anybody else having this or any suggestions would be appreciated.

Are you keeping the car stationary while waiting for the windscreen to clear up ?

I think this has something to do with emissions regulations. As long as the car remains stationary the heating core (which makes the air being blown towards the windscreen or the cabin for that matter) doesn't get much heat. Once the car starts moving though it all starts working.

On my current car (not a Lexus) the only thing which becomes visibly operational is the rear screen defroster. Windscreen clearing, door mirrors heating kicks in when I start moving. Windscreen clearing kicks in quite aggressively once the car is moving (and it also disabled engine auto start/stop). It doesn't take much long (or doesn't seem long enough to be dangerous) once the car is moving. But if I stay stationary it takes perceivably much longer for the windscreen to clear up.

Also, not sure how your ES is spec'ed up but Premium Edition onwards have windscreen de-icer as mentioned in one of the posts above. Maybe try using that ?

35 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

You are going to be an invaluable Member Sir !

Receive 500 points for intelligent use of one`s tools. A practice not often observed here.

Do let us all know what you think of the ES when it arrives and a piccie or two will be most welcome.

That's awesome. Thank you Sir.

I am expecting to take the delivery in January next year. Opted for ES + Premium Pack with Black exterior and interior. Will be posting pics soon 🙂

• Like 1