Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Around and around it goes the Doc Martin series. 

Watching the first series - again (what else is there worth watching on TV?) 

Note that his Silver LS430 has been on SORN since November 2019.

Wonder if the actor has a fleet of cars and kept it after upgrading to the LS600. Restricted, so no point in taxing and MOT'ing two or more cars.

ps Dont think that air bag would have been too helpful if it went off as shown - a bit late when he was forced into a ditch!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, runsgrateasanut said:

Around and around it goes the Doc Martin series. 

Watching the first series - again (what else is there worth watching on TV?) 

Note that his Silver LS430 has been on SORN since November 2019.

Wonder if the actor has a fleet of cars and kept it after upgrading to the LS600. Restricted, so no point in taxing and MOT'ing two or more cars.

ps Dont think that air bag would have been too helpful if it went off as shown - a bit late when he was forced into a ditch!

Good idea that, I wouldn't mind watching it all again, especially as I love Cornwall!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, runsgrateasanut said:

Around and around it goes the Doc Martin series. 

Watching the first series - again (what else is there worth watching on TV?) 

Note that his Silver LS430 has been on SORN since November 2019.

Wonder if the actor has a fleet of cars and kept it after upgrading to the LS600. Restricted, so no point in taxing and MOT'ing two or more cars.

ps Dont think that air bag would have been too helpful if it went off as shown - a bit late when he was forced into a ditch!

Oh, my word Stu.Your situation sounds so miserable and depressing.

If I had as much spare time as you seem to have,I would be devouring the 600 pages of the Corolla Handbook, looking for inaccuracies and typographical errors and drafting appropriate letters to the Publishers !  Stay safe and take care.     :):):)

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Oh, my word Stu.Your situation sounds so miserable and depressing.

If I had as much spare time as you seem to have,I would be devouring the 600 pages of the Corolla Handbook, looking for inaccuracies and typographical errors and drafting appropriate letters to the Publishers !  Stay safe and take care.     :):):)

Mine is also depressing John! My son LOVES Doc Martin and we all watch it together (unusual in these modern times) I am so sad and bored, I check the registrations of the vehicles on the MOT site as well! The P:olice Land Rover is still going but has much corrosion! I thought his second Lexus was a 460? If the MOT is shown as out of date, it could be SORN but also could it be scrapped / written off?

His second Lexus reg was not available on the MOT site.

Can anyone help please?

 

Ca

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the actors in the series use their own vehicles they are usually loaned by a dealership for expose of the brand and classics are supplied for a fee by individuals and small companies who may own several of the same  model. The media production companies insist on a back up vehicle in case of breakdowns as filming sequences is expensive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Mine is also depressing John! My son LOVES Doc Martin and we all watch it together (unusual in these modern times) I am so sad and bored, I check the registrations of the vehicles on the MOT site as well! The P:olice Land Rover is still going but has much corrosion! I thought his second Lexus was a 460? If the MOT is shown as out of date, it could be SORN but also could it be scrapped / written off?

His second Lexus reg was not available on the MOT site.

Can anyone help please?

 

Ca

The answers are all contained herein my friends.......

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

The answers are all contained herein my friends.......

 

Thanks John! Had not seen that thread!

 

I thought it was a 460 but I need to look for the 600h now!

 

Sad ? Yes - do I care? No!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Oh, my word Stu.Your situation sounds so miserable and depressing.

If I had as much spare time as you seem to have,I would be devouring the 600 pages of the Corolla Handbook, looking for inaccuracies and typographical errors and drafting appropriate letters to the Publishers !  Stay safe and take care.     :):):)

Yes, it is a depressing as I've not been able to pick up my lexus from France and the prospects look remote before the MOT extension runs out in January. 

Thanks to Parcel Farce who didn't bother to send me a letter demanding tax and delivery of the awaited part, I missed the vital window of opportunity to travel to France to repair and pick up the Car.  Now got to decide if to put my number plate on Retension (supposedly worth more than the Car so I'm told) as chances are I'll have to spend a wad to have the Car trailered home after I've fixed the broken shaft, with it likely being also untaxed and uninsured.  Could have done without the loss of this year as health stands. 

BTW the only other thing worth enjoying on TV is Bangers and Cash. Very irritated by most on TV these days, especially the Ads. Say no more!  

John, stuff the Corolla manual, not sure Toyota products are all they are cracked up to be. Perhap I should have stuck with Mercedes. The Toy is going OK but I miss the auto box and the feeling you are driving something with presence.  Sad indeed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So sorry to read all of that Stu. You must retain the plate of course, but a chance entry on a Toyota or Merc Forum just might bring forward someone who is based in your neck of the woods and who make frequent trips to  the Charente area and who might be able to assist.

I will PM you re TV.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership